DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Vehicle Soeed Signal Fault and Transmission Judder
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Vehicle Soeed Signal Fault and Transmission Judder

Does anyone know what causes p1934 fault code and if it could contribute to the judder under load scenario? Had mega flush to sort out judder, but after 1500miles it's back. Just noticed this code and wonder if could be something else, but could be red herring. Judder could be the well documented water/ glycol contamination of ATF. Big Cry D3 has done just over 100k miles. Map sensor clean as a whistle and EGR blanked.
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #96046329th Jul 2012 10:25 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Vehicle Soeed Signal Fault and Transmission Judder

Unnecessary quote removed

I think it might be your ABS error code and that this might be causing the judder..Its all part of the DSC and ABS ..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #96046829th Jul 2012 10:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks Flack. Does this mean that it could be as simple as replacing a sensor? Does the code dictate which one?

I did try to cancel the error code but it remained, perhaps because as soon as ignition is on it detects the faulty sensor.

The judder does still feel like the Pre megaflush scenario and he megaflush did solve the problem then. I am still trying to work out if when in standard transmission mode, the revs are supposed to drop when taking the foot of the accelerator, even though road speed is little changed. In Sport mode, the revs remain constant. You would like to think after 7 years I would know what was normal, but I dont. So, which is normal when oil warmed up and in standard mode, static revs or fluctuating when taking foot off accelerator?

All feedback much appreciated. Would like to sort out least expensive options before the very costly one.
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #96049530th Jul 2012 7:43 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I would get your codes read first to see what this throws up I think Geoff site sponsor is the nearest to you give him a pm and see if he can see what is logged in the error codes.
The revs should not fluctuate in any mode realy they should be stable.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #96054730th Jul 2012 11:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >