Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

de-cat pipe fitted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gsr 341

de-cat pipe fitted

finally fitted my de-cat pipe last night that i bought from twisted performance some time ago .

after attemting it a few weeks ago , and the 15mm socket spinning on the turbo flage nuts , bought 3 new nuts and gasket from landrover .

then bought a nut removal set , but decided to have a go with a proper 15mm hex socket as opposed to the multi spline one i first used , so top tip , use the correct hex socket first time should come off fine with a quick spray of plus gas Very Happy

was supprised just howm much you have to remove to fit the replacment pipe , had to drop the gearbox cross member , front prop shaft, and most of the exhaust system to get the cat section out .

reassembly was not that straight forward due to the replacment section being just over 1mm bigger than the old pipe , which was allready a snug fit ,and slightly oval too , but had to much of the car in pieces to wait to ring up for a replacment pipe , so persevied with a sanding wheel and a feh hammers , gently perswaded the pipes to join up .

once car rebuilt fired her up to cheak for leaks ( all good and sealed Mr. Green ) the difference in sound is remarkable , and defently reves freer when static, then the road test may just be the placebo effect of new parts , but defently seams to pull much smoother from slightly lower revs , and noise in the cabin , unaffected but sound nice from outside Mr. Green

car is fitted with the highet tune pete at BAS said was possable on a D3 manual , with alisport intercooler , over all , not blown away with the build quality and fit of the decat pipe , but very happy with the results , so what mods next then Question

Post #95283010th Jul 2012 9:30 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Good call. I did the same upgrade 2 years ago: Allisport IC, BAS remap and deCat. It really makes it a very different beast and well worth doing. Thumbs Up

Post #95284510th Jul 2012 9:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >