Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Making my passenger mirror power fold in???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Peter C

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Rimini RedLR3
Making my passenger mirror power fold in???

Power Folding Passenger Mirror- Conversion Possible???

Inquiry from California, USA:
I have now found out through another owner in the UK that the LR3 (Discovery 3) in the UK does come with the power folding mirrors on a number of models. Apparently it uses a joy stick control to fold the mirror in and out.
I just need the passenger side mirror and control. Since I found out for sure that the UK has them, I went ahead and purchased a 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE with all the options, in Rimini Red. Thus, I now need to get that power mirror so I don't break the mirror and hit the side of my garage...help...as I have a very small garage and need to see if there is a way to end up with a power folding mirror for the passenger side of the LR3 (Discovery 3), USA model.
Since I test drove the LR3 I am aware they manually fold here in the USA. I will be folding the driver side mirror with my hand as I enter the garage.
I would imagine I need to replace the whole structure with a brand new unit from the UK, as I understand in the UK the Discovery 3 has folding power mirrors on the passenger side.
I had posted something similar on this forum but in the US section and it was suggested I post here in this section also. Also, UK user name Dermy says he got his dealer to convert his manual fold in the UK with some trouble but it was done, this was a post on August 16th, 2006 in topic5732 here on Disco3.Co.UK, so it sure seems possbile. I have emailed a UK dealer ( 'partsmanager@landrover-yeovil.co.uk' ) three times, on Dec. 11, 17th and 23, asking to buy the unit but have not received anything back from them. Would they be closed for the holdays that long?
Any other ideas. I need help..please.

Post #11361628th Dec 2006 5:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >