DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Blank Sat nav screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Rotor123

Russia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

Flack wrote:
Rotor123 wrote:
Have you checked the DVD under the passenger seat is working and that the plug for the unit is in place..

Flack Thumbs Up

it (navi) was working before my AV IN trying Sad
I'd say, that 2 times it was working. First - after hard reset. the main screen was enable, i can reach tv mode from nidden menu, second its appeare itselfs, but both time mode 4x4 was without measurement. like no data about weels etc, just image.
Am i rigtht, that MOST is Ok, if i can heard the radio? Loop is Ok? Can it be fault with seeting (CCF) inside screen?

Does the screen stay on the LR logo or does it get past that and just go blank, if it stays on the LR logo then one of the ecu's is not booting up on the most system you need to put in a loop to try to bypass the ecu thats not working.
If it goes past the LR logo then its nothing to do with the most I would say.

Flack Thumbs Up[/quote]

Thanks a lot!!! One more question: should i order bupass connector or i can do it myself. Is it possible open the plug, becouse the connector looks not tigth enough. Thanks

Post #98325729th Sep 2012 8:09 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
Thanks a lot!!! One more question: should i order bupass connector or i can do it myself. Is it possible open the plug, becouse the connector looks not tigth enough. Thanks

The plugs are not tight in the socket you can twist the cables a bit when they are in the plug and sockets. I had some spare most cable and just mad a loop up that I use to test the system out, its a great tool to have when you trying to track down a problem Geoff and I another site sponsor had a D3 that the sound system kept dropping out and locking up after a short while but as soon as you put the air con on it was ok we used our loop to track down the problem and it turned out to be the Touch Screen.

There is a post with a most connector on how to take apart on the board somewhere by Wiggs its easy to take apart just pull out the blue insert and the cable will come out.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #98329329th Sep 2012 9:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rotor123

Russia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

The plugs are not tight in the socket you can twist the cables a bit when they are in the plug and sockets. I had some spare most cable and just mad a loop up that I use to test the system out, its a great tool to have when you trying to track down a problem Geoff and I another site sponsor had a D3 that the sound system kept dropping out and locking up after a short while but as soon as you put the air con on it was ok we used our loop to track down the problem and it turned out to be the Touch Screen.

There is a post with a most connector on how to take apart on the board somewhere by Wiggs its easy to take apart just pull out the blue insert and the cable will come out.

Flack Thumbs Up[/quote]

I still have question about MOST:
MOST has to LOOP, otherwise it dont work?
If one of ecu broken we can't get LOOP, and, for example, i can't manage radio? Am i right?
If my Radio is Ok, is it mean that MOST is OK?
In this LR LOGO mode is it possible to make soft update for screen via dvd disk form Wiggs?
Maybe it just screen fault?
Thanks for your trying to help!!!

Post #98392330th Sep 2012 9:05 pm
mig79

Romania 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hello,
I have the same problem; navigation screen in light grey and writes HLDF CAN Bootloader waiting to start download.This situation occured when the vehicle was started in the morning.I tryed to disconect the battery positive terminal and leaved disconected for a half a day but with no results.Checked all the fuses in the glove compartment and found ok.Can anybody help me with the recovery disc(iso image).

Manny thanks
Ionut

Post #9847592nd Oct 2012 8:04 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have sent you the link

i have sent you a link

burn the ISO file to a dvd disk slowley (2x if poss )

turn ignition to POSITION 1 in the car ( not ignition lights on )
remove the sat nav disk from under passenger seat
put in newley burnt disk
watch the nav screen ...you should see a progress bar

its going to take 45 mins ...i suggest you connect a battery charger to the car while its updating

when the disk is finished remove and put back in the nav disk
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #9847742nd Oct 2012 8:30 pm
mig79

Thank you Wiggs.
I will burn the dvd with ISO file and i will try.
I will let you now when i finish the recovery process.

Regards,
Ionut

Post #9848953rd Oct 2012 6:09 am
mig79

I followed your advice and touch screen is back to life now.
Thank you Wiggs.

Ionut,

Post #9852944th Oct 2012 5:53 am
drivesafe

Australia 

Flack wrote:
There is a battery in the touch screen, its buried deep in the circuit board look at this picture below its the one with the green ring around it.

Click image to enlarge

Flack Thumbs Up

Sorry Flack, that could also be a capacitor, used for the same reason a battery would be, to hold any volatile data.
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #9869098th Oct 2012 1:20 pm
chrisbrown

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Satnav module?

Hi all, I am new to this forum but trawling all sources at the moment to see if anyone has had similar issues.
I took my LR3 through South Africa for a few months recently, while there I had a local satnav disc to get me around, all worked fine. On my return to the UK I replaced the disc with the original UK version. At this point the screen goes blank? The system starts up and goes past logo screen, but beyond that nothing.. Sometimes it's black, sometimes very grainy, but in short, zero navigation.

I've taken it past the dealer and they suggested changing the module? Replacement is £2k excl labour and vat!!! Really?

Might be worth mentioning that while in SA the car was at a dealer to investigate a dash warning about water in fuel, while they had it hooked up I am pretty sure they were adjusting software versions?if that's possible...

Any added info appreciated, still in shock at LR's quote to get this fixed...

Cheers

.. Apologies for this being a bit off topic to the thread but seems there is some expertise out there that have commented.

Post #99614730th Oct 2012 5:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >