Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

My D3 had a hissy fit today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
My D3 had a hissy fit today

My D3 has been having a SRS warning light issue for the best part of 6 months now and was going in for another visit this coming Monday (3 so far on this fault). LR UK have suggested to replace airbags and do some other stuff.

Just as this warning light came on as it usually does the following messages and amber warning lights occurred for the first time ever (in 1.5 yrs).

1. Lowered suspension
2. Transmission fault - stop safely
3. HDC fault - system unavailable

As expected the D3 went to low rider mode and none of these systems would work. After travelling for another few kms in peak hour traffic I pulled up and switched off and then locked her up and went shopping and came back restarted and let it do the system test and off I went without any warning lamps and all systems working again. Of course I had to raise the suspension again.

Suggestions please as to what you think this might be.

Thanks,

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #11012315th Dec 2006 10:35 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Wheel speed sensor or ABS module plausibility check failure, basically the speed signal from the ABS unit failed to transmit a valid signal, all the modules you mention need a valid speed signal and without it went into 'safe' mode

Post #11012715th Dec 2006 10:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
roverdawg

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

Do you have a rear diff? I've had the same fault codes (dash lit up like a christmas tree) also resettable. However, it was linked to a known problem with the rear diff which will need replacement.
 2005 LR3 HSE
1998 Disco (sold) 

Post #11032615th Dec 2006 7:30 pm
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thanks 10FC. Sounds like it was one of those things which is a resetable. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Roverdawg, if you mean rear diff lock then yes I have one but I wonder how it would cause this problem while sitting in peak hour traffic but then again anything is possible.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #11034015th Dec 2006 9:49 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Chris, was it very icy or wet ? If so that may have kicked it in when you moved forwards in the traffic Wink

Sorry - slightly jealous of the fine weather you get over there.

Post #11035515th Dec 2006 11:15 pm
roverdawg

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

PCH wrote:

Roverdawg, if you mean rear diff lock then yes I have one but I wonder how it would cause this problem while sitting in peak hour traffic but then again anything is possible.

Chris

Mine was a "spontaneous" fault. Summer day, dry pavement, slow speed. I'd go with 10FC's explanation as it makes more sense. However, there is a TSB for the rear diff problem. Apparently, it's a sensor failure but the rear diff sensor location is so difficult they just replace the entire unit.
 2005 LR3 HSE
1998 Disco (sold) 

Post #11039816th Dec 2006 2:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >