DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

UK Disco 3 held for quarantine by dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
UK Disco 3 held for quarantine by dealers

Hi Guys,

I post most of my info to the chonicle website, but thought you might like to see this too.

Here is a copy of the first post.

Guys,

I spent some time with my friends at my local independant LR dealer the other day.

They have always been very helpfull, and previously did an excelent job of servicing my RR P38A.

They were keen to see my bluetooth phone kit so I took it down for them to check out.

They have also always been happy to share loads of info with me so we had a chat.

The header of this thread refers to the fact that there is a big problem with a large number of disco 3's fitted with the tow pack, as mine is.

The list they had broke down all the cars sold with tow pack, that are known faulty, listed by chassis number and the dealer the sold them.

We checked out mine and phew, thankfully it was not on the quarantine list.

I asked what LR speak meant by Quarantine.

It basically refers to the facft that due to a discovered fault the car is not safe an should not be driven by anyone, ifsold to a customer it should be collected back from them and placed under strict quarantine.

This fault has been highlisted as it may cause an electrical fire at the rear of the vehicle when used with a trailer wiring harness conected to the rear hook up.

My friends suggested that LR should have contacted the owners and dealers concerned, but we all know that LR message system can be a bit slow.

What I was surprised about was how many cars were affected.

I did not actually count the whole list, but there must have been over a hundred vehicles listed.

My susggestion would be to go back to LR if you have a Tow PAck and get this check real quick before using a trailer.

Hope this info is usefull.

Nige.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #47431st Jan 2005 8:03 pm
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
update re quarantine notice

further updated:

Guys,

I have an update on this.

It seems it only affects UK Discovery 3 and not US LR3.

However the document does refer to Australia, Dominican Republic, Germany and South Africa also.

It is also not as serious as first thought, the actual issue means that only the earth wire has been incorrectly wired.

The result is that the following caravan functions would be inoperative:

internal light, water pump, and split charger.

It seems that most of the vehicles were very early builds

However the list actually covers 230 Cars From VIN List 5A000268 to 5A314906, and then only specific cars in that range.

My dealer did not want the list to be made public on any forums, but was happy to advise on speciific cars against the list.

My suggestion, if you think your car may be on the list, or are just worried and want the piece of mind, send me a PM with your VIN and the name of the supplying dealer and I will get it checked for you.

I have more detailed info if anyone wants it, send me a PM with email and will be happy to share.

All the best.

Nige.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #47531st Jan 2005 8:05 pm
Ecosse

I'm away to the local dealer with my list of "issues" so will see how they react when asked about this issue, as my VIN falls within that range. What odds that they don't know about the issue??! Confused

Post #48031st Jan 2005 8:51 pm
Ecosse

Bad news, they've quarantined my HSE!!! Went in with my list of "issues" - to be fair dealer very helpful, although the workshop then decreed that they shoudl have it booked in for 3 days!! - then they checked the LR computer (made the mistake of beingin my view) and what do I see 2 x Quarantine issues - yes, they do describe them as "Quarantine" - first was the tow bar, 2nd is something about the Engine Number being wrong (perhaps that explains my fuel consumption, it's the supercharged 4.4 rather than a turbo diesel Wink ) Have got LR CS also on the task - they have a copy of the "list" and are liasing with the dealer - to be fair, after a very bad start, the CS Rep is trying to be helpful & e-mails back quite promptly at present (from an @ford.com address!!) - but let's see what they manage to resolve!

Post #5011st Feb 2005 4:30 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

OH my !

A bad case of knowing too much info gleaned from the forums Sad

I feel for you as I had mine away for three days when the suspension error foxed the dealer until LR actually and eventually helped them out (ECU connector dodgy).

What loaner did they give you as an HSE customer ?

-s

Post #5021st Feb 2005 4:51 pm
Ecosse

Simon - not sure on the loaner - probably a Freelander knowing the local dealer!! Wonder if they would have owned up to the Quarantine issues if I hadn't seen the screen, or if they would have just been fixed on the quiet to avoid customer concerns?

Post #5051st Feb 2005 4:57 pm
Neil R

Hi

Would this towbar issue also be on dealer fitted Towbars, as mine was done at the dealer. ?

Also mine has been with my dealer and will be all this week, after making a huge fuss about handing over my HSE for a week and getting a low end freelander in place of it they put one of the showroom TDv6 s on their loan fleet, this has allowed me to make some comparisions on my air suspension lowering over night and guess what the car i have now stays in exactly the same position i leave it at, looks like another fault for them to fix as mine sags its Censored everytime i leave it for more than a couple of hours.

ohh well, still love the car dispite the issues i have and i know that one day they will all be fixed

Neil
 2005 Java Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 HS (GONE)
Stormer wheels, SC Grills, Tow pack,PTI,Adaptive lights,Useless coolerbox (GONE)

2010 RRS HSE Santorini/Ivory TDV8 Overfinch'd 

Post #5091st Feb 2005 5:07 pm
Ecosse

Neil R wrote:
Hi

Would this towbar issue also be on dealer fitted Towbars, as mine was done at the dealer. ?

Neil

Not sure, but I assume the "Quarantine" notifications are linked to factory build details, so how would they know that you had a tow bar? Maybe as well to ask the dealer to check if the problem applies to you? Crying or Very sad

Post #5101st Feb 2005 6:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >