Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Ifor Williams P5 Trailer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Vizsla wrote:
Any sugestions as to where to buy and where might discount new?Paul

I have to visit my dealer shortly to get some jockey wheels, I'll have a look to see what stock is in and get a price for you, should know something by Friday.

Frapp
 Member of the carrot crank club

Embarrassingly in for the 2nd round, bought another two

D3 Jack Russell carrier
D4 Landmark for towing duties 

Post #8677296th Dec 2011 5:14 pm
trailair

United Kingdom 
Towing is simpler and safer with TrailAir by Land Rover

If you are a novice or indeed experienced at towing why not consider a TrailAir system?
TrailAir will save you money on fuel economy, help preserve tyre life , the camera enables ease of hitching and the TPMS function for both vehicle and trailers gives you peace of mind when towing.

We are running forum offers of 20% for online orders !

safe towing

Alison

Post #8677336th Dec 2011 5:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zebadee

Ireland 

Another big Thumbs Up for an Ifor trailer from me.

I recently bought a P7e, for the handy stuff. I've had a twin axle Indespension trailer for years which has been great &has done a power of work over the years. But I'm getting lazy in my old age & found that I used to take the quad trailer out on the road more often for the smaller jobs, rather than backing in under the Indespension.

The quad trailer, which is some Chinese knock off job, is so easy to pick up & pull over by hand to the D3 & drop it on the hitch. But I never was that happy or confident having the quad trailer out on the road, so went off & got an Ifor P7e for myself. Only have had it out a couple of times, but boy does it tow nicely. I have the high mesh sides, tail ramp & larger tyres tyres with a spare. Quite the nice bit of kit I must say & I'm well chuffed with myself 8)

So don't hesitate in buying an Ifor, but as others have said, lock it up good, or someone else will be off with it Sad

Post #8677446th Dec 2011 6:15 pm
jedi

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Ifor Williams trailers are really the best. well made and really strong. The 6 is great if you never need to carry more than 750 kg as its non braked. I chose a braked trailer.. its awesome 11/2 tons easily.
PS Even a Freelander can tow IF 6 trailer. They have a great re sale value too. have a look at e bay. Dealers will do good deals though so shop around. Good luck.
 Disco 1 200tdi, Td5 x2, Range Rover 200tdi, P38, Defender 90, D3 (05) D3 (57)  
Post #8677576th Dec 2011 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vizsla

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

So, big Thumbs Up for IW then!

Looks like i need to get on the phone and see who is able to do a deal.

Frapp, many thanks for the offer of asking your dealer.

I think its looking like a P6e with high mesh sides ( assume they are removable?), ramp plus cover, jocky wheel and extra props.

Post #8678156th Dec 2011 8:41 pm
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Are you sitting comfy ?

P6e, 750kg rated, on 20.5 tyres £670 + VAT = £804 which is list price Shocked
So start phoning around. A list of the dealers is on the website, someone has to shift on price.

I think discount is a foreign word down there
 Member of the carrot crank club

Embarrassingly in for the 2nd round, bought another two

D3 Jack Russell carrier
D4 Landmark for towing duties 

Post #8681377th Dec 2011 4:16 pm
Ian G

That sounds about right, you couldn't make it for much less than that.

Your other choice is second hand but you'll save 50 quid and have far less comeback.

Post #8681387th Dec 2011 4:19 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

Vizsla wrote:
I think its looking like a P6e with high mesh sides ( assume they are removable?), ramp plus cover, jocky wheel and extra props.

Yep the sides are removable, couple of pins, loosen a couple of bolts & they're off Thumbs Up

Jockey wheel really makes a difference to the trailer & it makes it so easy to manoeuvre around the yard by hand.

Extra prop stands at the back are great too, especially if you might be loading / unloading while the trailer is unhitched. Saves it from tipping up.

Over here the trailer comes as standard with a prop stand instead of a jockey wheel on the draw bar. The rear of the trailer is pre-drilled just under the light units either side to take the prop stands. So what I did was take the trailer with the standard prop stand, fitted my own jockey wheel, moved the prop stand to the rear on one side & asked the dealer to supply me with another prop stand for the other side.

He said that he's always taking off the prop stands on the trailers he sells & fitting a jockey wheel for his customers. So he had a few prop stands & clamps lying around the workshop & threw one into the deal for me. So that had me sorted with jockey wheel & two rear prop stands. All I needed was a couple of nuts & bolts to complete the job, which I had in the workshop & job's a good un 8)

Post #8682787th Dec 2011 8:37 pm
BournevilleBazza

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

Another massive Thumbs Up for the P6e. It got used and abused by us for over 3 years and I sold it (Traded up to the braked single axle) for £100 less than I paid for it new!!
 If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!
2010 Discovery TDV6 HSE with a few bits and bobs on.
1986 V8 90 County
2012 Evoque TD4 (for the Mrs) and really VERY pleased!
Formerly BuckinghamBazza 

Post #86995212th Dec 2011 3:28 pm
Discolegal

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Go for an Ifor Williams, I had a P6, until some light fingered scroats nicked it, and I think they must have carried it, having cut very heavy duty chains, should have parked it fully loaded with garden waste..

Post #87088814th Dec 2011 6:06 pm
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

hi , you cant beat an ifor williams , iv got 12,6 plant trailor for digger and 10 footer for dumper and there tough things and tow great ,
i also had one stolen and they unloaded 100 blockes and some sand first Censored Censored Censored
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #87096914th Dec 2011 8:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >