Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

LAW REGARDS D3/D4 TOWING AS OF 4TH DEC 2011 -UPDATE 29/05/12
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 19 <123 ... 171819>
Duncan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

character wrote:
Tell yer what, these changes are not going to go down well with SME, least of all when they get pulled on 4th Dec Shocked
I think the words " Im moving it for a mate" may become a stock answer ! When I die I want it to be in my sleep, like my Grandad ............ not screaming and shouting like his passengers!!  
Post #8446577th Oct 2011 2:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dadof7kids

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

bigdave i think you need a new avatar..

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...earing.jpg

Rolling with laughter

This post has been edited by the site administration team
 java Black D3 gone : (
Club Lux : ) GONE : ( 

Post #8446677th Oct 2011 3:24 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

bobbroom wrote:
How much is the cost of an O License?
not sure, meeting with me transport consultants next week, the cost is not so much the fee for it, its more the criteria and ongoing expense of having 6 weekly safety inspections on the LR (over and above the servicing) and 10 weekly inspections on the trailer coupled with paying the monthly fee to the "transport manager" which includes all the administration/record keeping AND having to find an "operators centre" as the traffic commisioner would not allow a private residential address with traditional parking Big Cry

I'm budgeting on around an additional £400 per month before I've put the key in the ignition as a rough guess Confused

Post #8447107th Oct 2011 5:52 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Hi Character,
Don't forget the ''proof of financial standing'' think its £8100 for the first vehicle and £4500 for each vehicle there after which if i recall has to show in your account for 3 months of bank statements which you supply with your application not sure about the proof for trailers,
Think the fee for application was something like £250.00 and on issue another £391.00 paid up front , non refundable even if you app is unsuccessfull Shocked
Cheers
Sharks.
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #8447147th Oct 2011 6:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Might it be easir and cheaper to register the vehicle in, say, Lithuania?
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #8447157th Oct 2011 6:32 pm
biskit

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Will gardeners running a little trailer round with a lawn mower have to have this licence ? Shocked

Post #8447167th Oct 2011 6:37 pm
character

SHARKYSHARKS wrote:
Hi Character,
Don't forget the ''proof of financial standing'' think its £8100 for the first vehicle and £4500 for each vehicle there after which if i recall has to show in your account for 3 months of bank statements which you supply with your application not sure about the proof for trailers,
Think the fee for application was something like £250.00 and on issue another £391.00 paid up front , non refundable even if you app is unsuccessfull Shocked
Cheers
Sharks.
yes a real Censored however along with the new legislation comes new and less painful "proof of financial standing" but of course that will not come into effect until AFTER 4th Dec by which time yer already commiting an offence and subject to £5000 fine which would go down nicely on yer application in front of the traffic commissioner Whistle  
Post #8447177th Oct 2011 6:42 pm
character

Navigator wrote:
Might it be easir and cheaper to register the vehicle in, say, Lithuania?
No can do, the whole of EU will have in place a register of O licence holders and of course travelling throughout EU you have to adopt the legislation particular to the country yer travelling in or through Twisted Evil  
Post #8447187th Oct 2011 6:44 pm
character

biskit wrote:
Will gardeners running a little trailer round with a lawn mower have to have this licence ? Shocked
You may possibly need a "restricted" O-Licence to carry your own equipment Rolling with laughter  
Post #8447197th Oct 2011 6:46 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

what about farmers with cattle trailers and if you do a tip run with a small trailer what then trying to help small firms god help you all Big Cry
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #8447207th Oct 2011 6:55 pm
StaticMotion

Scotland 

This country really is going down the tubes, dragged there by Europe!

In case they missed the minor economic crisis and some banks having their credit rating downgraded which will make it worse for all businesses with banks not able to get the money to lend. They now want to cause more financial pain to small businesses that rely on transportation. Did someone put a bottle of stupid in our water supply? Shocked

Post #8447257th Oct 2011 7:06 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

can you all imagine hundreds and thousand of small businesses who use trailers as apposed to having 2 or more vehicles Big Cry well bang goes my work trailer its now another camping trailer Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #8447307th Oct 2011 7:29 pm
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Its all part of the plan. The EU doesn't want individuals like Character running their own business and thinking for themselves. Its incovenient and difficult for bureaucrats to manage people like him and extract as much tax from him as possible. Much better that he is converted into an employee of a large company who can pay tax to the EU and provide it bureaucrats highly paid directorships, plus the usual behind the scenes corruption that is endemic across the EU organisations.

One of the ways they do this is to make it ever more difficult to meet onerous and pointless compliance issues like this. Large companies can cope as they have hordes of drone employees to process this stuff, passing the cost onto us the consumers.

It will all end in tears. We already have outbreaks of civil disorder across Europe. Over the next few decades it'll only get worse. And the Greeks, Spanish, Italians haven't even got started yet. Rolling Eyes
 Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #8447327th Oct 2011 7:31 pm
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

[quote="dadof7kids"]bigdave i think you need a new avatar..

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...earing.jpg

:quote]

Looks good - this stuff gets me going I tell ya. Im no Daily Mail reader but this crap gets to the heart of it.

How many French Farmers, gardeners etc are going to follow this rule.

I can feckin tell you NONE!!

They just shrug it off and laugh at us roast beefs following the rules. b Censored ds

And their police are in the same union so they wont get done.

Did my grandad slaughter loads of un armed prisoners for this....................oh wait I shouldnt have said ............. doh Shocked
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail [email protected] 

Post #8447337th Oct 2011 7:35 pm
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

Yes ive been drinking - who wants a fight??

Any Euro Federalists out here - wheres DG when you need him. Whistle
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail [email protected] 

Post #8447347th Oct 2011 7:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 19 <123 ... 171819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >