Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

buzzing noise on aux.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
dlm3

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

I can't explain switching from AM to Aux vs FM - that's a toughie.

But occuring on one speaker or another isn't too hard. I've not opened mine up to look at the wiring yet - hopefully never will - but depending upon how the aux input is wired you may get different results.

With nothing plugged into the aux input, you should get little or no noise.
This tells me the wiring has good shielding all the way back to the radio. (if you don't, take it back to your dealer and get them to fix it - it's a wiring problem) If you have a good quality cable plugged into it, there should be no issue - the only exposed conductor will be the plug itself, which should get very little pickup.

Something I didn't know last night - a colleague of mine whom I asked to look at it opened up the connector on my adapter cable and pushed aside a whisker of wire that was just barely touching the wrong contact, at which point the noise disappeared.

Try a different adapter cable between the Belkin plug and the aux input.

Whatever it is, you're dealing with pickup - noise on a shield or ground source coming in contact with your input signal.

(My best guess on the FM/AM-CD issue is that the radio is the source of the noise you're picking up and for some reason being in AM or CD leaves that source operating. For what reason, I don't know.)

Don

Post #9656924th Oct 2006 7:22 pm
Rhewj

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3
Buzz on Aux. radio

I guess our friends across the pond did'nt get the buzz option on theirs.
But as for mine it's the same as yours to the T.

Have not really thought of it as a real issue since I don't use an I-pod or attachment to the Aux.

When you get to the bottom please let me know and as for me mine is due for 7500 mile service on the 31st I will bring it up to service then and let you know.

Post #9674925th Oct 2006 6:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rhewj

Buzz on Aux.

Sorry about that ,replied to the wrong sender but with that said the balance of the reply is the same. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post #9675425th Oct 2006 6:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

thanks would be good to hear what they say to you.
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #9684326th Oct 2006 2:15 am
zetecr

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

dylansdad wrote:
Im sorry but I cant see how this can be? given problem only causes noise from one speaker and it doesnt hapen when changing to aux from FM only when changing from AM or CD.

It may well be a faulty stereo head unit - As you say, it doesn't seem to be related to any of the external wiring and only happens when certain switching action happens. Perhaps there is a cold solder joint on the PCB affecting switching circuits for that particular channel. I dare say it is not going to be easily diagnosed/repairable, and will need to be replaced.

Post #9755830th Oct 2006 10:27 am
Rhewj

Buzzing on Aux.

Went to dealer yesterday and they said they flashed the memory on the radio this in turn solved the buzzing on the aux......But.........
If you turn the volume up to 35 you can still here it very faintly so its still there but suppressed. Not that I would ever need 35 level on the volume but I found it curious. Rolling Eyes
 2002 Vienna Green Disco II = Hers
2005 LR3 SE Java Black = His 

Post #980781st Nov 2006 4:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >