Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

2nd D3 - even more suspension problems than the first one!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
tanisdraven

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Shocked

Post #81773516th Jul 2011 10:48 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Exactly the same happened to mine. I was able to make this happen when adusting the suspension rods. If I made too long then they would cause the suspension to bottom out and think it was stuck so go into extended mode.
A height calibration should fix it. Unless there is another faulty sensor. There was a TSB for some where salt would get through the casing and stuf them.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #81774816th Jul 2011 11:26 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

caverD3 wrote:
If it was replaced does't mean nothing moved, should be done after any steering or suspension work.

The upper mount which is part of the chassis wont have moved, and the lower mount, which is bolted onto the wishbone, wont have moved either, as you dont have to disturb it...

In all reality, it wont even have needed a calibration after having a new strut, as its the height sensors that control it. The strut is only a damper and an airbag...

Back on topic though, until we get a fault code, we can all only guess at what the fault is Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #81775016th Jul 2011 11:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chrisbowler

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

My 05 D3 did the same message - fault code pointed to cross link valve and ride height sensor on front RH side - however actual fault was broken wire in front wiring harness.

Agree with Disco Mikey - dealer just throwing parts to see what cures fault.

Hope it is a broken wire as you should get a whole new car before they get to wiring problem!!!!!
Chris Bowler
 Chris Bowler
D3 2005 EXPEDITION
D2 Challenge Vehicle
300 TDi Spare car
107" TD5 Comp Safari Motor 

Post #81805517th Jul 2011 6:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tanisdraven

Well I don't mind what they have to do as long as they sort it all out under the warranty. I'm just worried about owning it after the warranty period expires next month.

Maybe I should have spent a bit more and gone for a new 110!

She gets picked up Wednesday by the dealer. I can't fault them really. They come an hour and a half across the country, pick my D3 up and leave me a new freelander. I never really liked them much but after spending so much time with this one I quite like it. The auto diesel is incredibly quick off the mark and was still returning 31mpg.

Fingers crossed I'll be all sorted this time next week.

Post #81806417th Jul 2011 7:13 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

tanisdraven wrote:
I'm just worried about owning it after the warranty period expires next month.

The majority of the suspension system will have been replaced by then. Will be fine Whistle Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #81811317th Jul 2011 9:53 pm
tanisdraven

Had a phone call from the Marshall Group today to say that they are not going to repair the suspension and that i will have to pay for it.

I have owned the Disco for 48 days - 10 of which the dealer has had it, 9 of which it was parked waiting for collection to be repaired.

It came with a 3 month warranty which apparently covers nothing.

Nightmare. Wish i'd never seen it.

Post #81917220th Jul 2011 9:40 pm
The Transformer

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

What have they said is wrong with it? and why is it not covered?

Post #81917520th Jul 2011 9:44 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Oh I don't think so...... They have a responsibility to sell items fit for purpose and this isn't acceptable.......
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #81919820th Jul 2011 10:44 pm
tul214

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I bought our 2006 D3 3months ago from our local dealer with said 3 months warranty. I too have had suspension problems such as the off side rear air suspension bag go and yesterday the compressor has gone.
Stratstone have paid for all of this work and I got a freebie ticket to the experience too!

Whilst the car was in I questioned the front bushes as I thought they felt loose. The answer came back that they are within tolerances and would only be an advisory. I challenged this due to the car having a new MOT when I bought it so they are doing both lower wishbones/new bushes for the parts price only - £280 inc VAT which I thought was quite good.

Not sure what is wrong with your car but I would certainly challenge them on the warranty.

Mark

Post #81923721st Jul 2011 7:52 am
tanisdraven

UPDATE: I managed to find a twitter account for the CEO of the chain of Marshall dealerships. I "tweeted" at him and placed a message on their facebook page that i was frustrated and disappointed at the level of service. I got a phone from the CEO himself who conferenced in the MD of the dealership who had sold me the vehicle.

The MD apologised and has promised that all and any work will be undertaken by the dealership until the 3 month warranty expires.

The CEO took the time to call me personally. Now that is responding to your customers; i've got to give credit where it's due. I just hope that the middle managers learn a few things from the CEO.

I still haven't got the D3 back yet and i'm really hoping that this is the end of the suspension nightmare. They are trying to sell me extended warranties now at £600 a year but am a not better of putting my faith and trust in TFC to look after her?

Post #81934521st Jul 2011 1:37 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Given your concern on the issues experienced, I would be asking the CEO to negotiate on the extended warranty to keep you as a positive customer and to make up for the 19 days (and counting) that you've not had use of it! (make sure the extended wty starts the day before your old one runs out just to make sure you have continuous cover.) And it's probably worthwhile you having an extended wty for the first year, til any issues are settled down.

Nice response using the CEO's twiiter account. Thumbs Up

I reckon you'll be sorted out, CEO's tend to have that effect on local managers Laughing
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #81935021st Jul 2011 1:44 pm
nobbyclark

I've spent £1,900 with my local indie getting the air suspension sorted. It's had new sensors, a compressor and most recently a whole new wiring loom for the suspension system. I am now paranoid everytime I hear a bing or a bong from the car.

Would have ditched it apart from the fact it is better at what it does than anything else available (when it's not up on the ramp).
 No longer a D3 owner but still subscribed to multiple threads!  
Post #81935221st Jul 2011 1:48 pm
tanisdraven

How much should i expect to pay for a 12 month warranty?

Would i be better getting one directly from Land Rover?

I bet this question has already been asked - sorry!

Post #81935921st Jul 2011 2:00 pm
dave291

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

my D3 (also a 2006 HSE) had the same error message

replaced compressor (£500 fitted) and no problems since (touch wood)
 '06 TDV6 HSE, Java, Black Leather, Logic 7, Privacy, Steps  
Post #81984022nd Jul 2011 7:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >