Page 1 of 1
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
TDV6 Cabin Pre-Heater

Classification
Missing Functionality - software

Problem
The software to automatically start the cabin and engine preheater system is not yet available, and the documentation for the cabin heater is useless.

Affected vehicles
All TDV6 models

Reported
December 2004 by Gareth in post 27

Reported Cases
Many

Occurs
Always

Submitted to dealer network
Yes, many

Dealer Response
None

Submitted to LR Customer Services
Yes

LR CS Response Reported
None

Fix/Solution
Temporary: Leave radio switched on with the volume turned down, this seems to keep the system bus 'awake'.

Other Comments
Land Rover are threatening to remove the cabin pre-heater functionality with a vehicle software update sometime in the future. See Ecosse's post on 17th March 2005 and the follow-up discussion. If you wish to keep your pre-heater functionality, make your dealer aware that you will not accept updates which remove the feature.

Last edited by Martin on 18th Mar 2005 3:11 pm. Edited 5 times in total 
Post #38027th Jan 2005 10:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

I had a categoric statement from the "lead engineer" for Disco 3 that the function did not work at all!! Well those of us with Disco 3's know we are not imagining its functioning using the radio on trick!

Post #102823rd Feb 2005 11:37 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

So... do they actually know what they have created ???

-s

Post #103924th Feb 2005 12:09 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Issue updated: Land Rover are threatening to remove the cabin pre-heater functionality with a vehicle software update sometime in the future.

See Ecosse's post on 17th March 2005 and the follow-up discussion.

If you wish to keep your pre-heater functionality, make your dealer aware that you will not accept updates which remove the feature

Post #156118th Mar 2005 3:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Teessidelad22

how can they just remove a piece of kit that is so vital and been paid for?
seems ludicrous
 TDV6 7 seat
Black
Side Steps
Tinted Glass 

Post #211211th Apr 2005 9:48 pm
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Anyone any idea what can/is being done about this? I still have the menu options would love to use the feature but cant.... and personally I dont find it acceptable they just remove it.

Post #525177th Apr 2006 6:15 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I suggest you start using the search facility and bring yourself up to date on this.

Believe me, you would be better spending your time searching the 1000's of posts on here about the FBH, than wasting it trying to get Land Rover to do anything.

They cocked up big time by leaving the system 1/2 developed. The 2009 model year will have the function apparently.

My first post on the subject was back in N0V 04!

Post #525257th Apr 2006 6:39 pm
dylansdad

ok I have read the threads I can find.

I guess I am naieve to think landrover have to sell products that are fit for purpose and work as described????

during my very short introduction to the vehicle by the dealer the preheat option was one of the few things he showed could be set in the setup menu.

I have recently sent a message through www.haveyoursay.com to mike mulholland , I have yet to recieve a reply but this is one of the issues Ive mentioned.

has anyone else had any formal complaint to landrover responded to officially?

Post #525317th Apr 2006 7:42 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

sorry dad of dylan but haveyoursay is a joke set up by someone who never intended to get on with his D3... has gone to the Q7 apparently.

if you post anything positive or factual that conflicts with his rather childish and blinkered outlook on things... its deleted or at minimum never responded to.

-s

Post #525407th Apr 2006 8:29 pm
dylansdad

simon wrote:
sorry dad of dylan but haveyoursay is a joke set up by someone who never intended to get on with his D3... has gone to the Q7 apparently.

if you post anything positive or factual that conflicts with his rather childish and blinkered outlook on things... its deleted or at minimum never responded to.

-s

I have no experience of the person who setup the site, however on a positive note it led me to here Wink .... I emailed the person mentioned through their site (well I assume its worked Confused ) as I am at a loss as to how else to get in touch with someone who will take the issues seriously. Ive exhausted my patience with my dealer..... and believe me Im a VERY patient person Smile

Any advice on how best and who specifically in landrover is able to help would be gratefully recieved.... I think 50% of my waranty period is more than long enough to wait for this vehicle to be sorted. dont you?

PS the nick is one I use on other forums and Im getting too old to try and remember multiple nicknames Laughing pps dylan is a black lab

Post #525627th Apr 2006 10:44 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I think the first thing you need to do is make sure you are using a dealer that fully understands the vehicle, and the issues along with their resolutions. Do not be afraid to change dealer.

I will be frank and say that the dealer network has been slow to learn, and at times the service has been frustratingly poor, with blame being passed from customer to dealer to Land Rover in ever decreasing circles.

This forum is invaluable in the collation of information about the D3, and Land Rover should be taking note and watching this forum, as I think it is the their only opportunity to get a reasonably true feeling of the customers appreciation or dissatisfaction of their product.

My own dealer, part of the Guy Salmon group have taken a while to get there, but now can usually offer a resolution to a problem reasonably quickly, but I still use this forum to point them in the right direction when I feel they are failing me.

There are a few owners on here that have succesfully and justifiably rejected their cars due to numerous faults, and got new replacements. Maybe that is an avenue for you to explore. Maybe someone who has experience of this can chip in here and offer advice?

Me personally, I am a Land Rover enthusiast, I own two of them. I really appreciate my D3, even though it has had some silly failures (tailgate strut for a start), but I still would not have another vehicle. Maybe I can't see past the badge on the bonnet, but I am happy with that.

I hope you can resolve your issues, and then, like us you can really start to appreciate your D3.

Good luck, and if you want help just ask the forum.

Post #525687th Apr 2006 11:43 pm
dylansdad

tell me about it, I really want to use it to its potential, but I still havent used my experience day as I have been waiting to get it sorted.

I really want a D3 I mean Ive spent 47K of my own money on one!

Any advice anyone can offer , contacts etc. greatly received.... Im in the process of penning a formal letter to my dealer. Currently I have 24 ! outstanding faults.

update - letter complete and sent, 26 outstanding and still to be resolved problems Crying or Very sad , only 1 has actually been recified (PDC).
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #525718th Apr 2006 12:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >