DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Difference between the remaps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Discocruise

Zimbabwe 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Difference between the remaps

Hi,
there seem to be at least two well established companies that do good remaps for the Disco 4: BAS and Alive.
Which one should I take and in how far are they different? Neutral

Post #78666016th Apr 2011 12:37 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Superchips/bluefin do one too.
BAS I think reds faultcodes.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #78666716th Apr 2011 12:45 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi
Alive do not make tuning yet to the D4, i beleive we are the uk first to offer it.

The D4 tuning is also not available as a remote option yet, we would need the car in our workshops to do the tuning direct to the ecu on the bench due to its complex security.

Pete

Post #7933095th May 2011 10:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Pete, you may want to clarify. You do do a re-map for the 2.7L D4?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7933295th May 2011 10:45 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yes i remap both the D4 2.7L and 3.0L, but none are as a remote BAS tool option, the 2.7L can only be done diagnosticly with my master tools, and the 3.0l i need to do on the bench.

The D4 2.7L is 11bit CAN bus where the older D3 was 29bit, so the BAS interface needs work to have the added 11Bit protocal function added to it which will be some time away yet.

Though they re the same 2.7l engine the hardware changed that runs them and are not compatable with the older tuning tool programms.

Pete

Post #7933325th May 2011 10:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Thanks Pete. Colin better get his finger out. Bluefin have a remote kit for the 2.7L D4.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7933545th May 2011 11:37 pm
dtest

United Kingdom 

bellautos wrote:
Hi
Alive do not make tuning yet to the D4, i beleive we are the uk first to offer it.

The D4 tuning is also not available as a remote option yet, we would need the car in our workshops to do the tuning direct to the ecu on the bench due to its complex security.

Pete

My next door neighbour had his D4 done locally months ago by a local auto electrician...

Apparently the ecu had to opened to do it..

Post #7933946th May 2011 8:24 am
Alive Tuning

United Kingdom 

bellautos wrote:
Hi

Yes we do, and have done for a long time! Mr. Green And SD4 Freelander, and 4.4TDV8 FFRR, using Boot mode on the bench. D4 2.7 TDV6 via OBD as well. I have the same, state of the art tools as what you use of course. Thumbs Up
 Remaps | Samco Hoses | Intercoolers | Sports Exhausts | Sports Suspension

Feel the difference... Feel Alive!

Like us on Facebook...

MAHA 4 wheel drive Rolling Road being installed, spring 2014! 

Post #7948129th May 2011 10:55 pm
Will Hay

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

caverD3 wrote:
Superchips/bluefin do one too.

Mine came with a bluefin/superchips gizmo, I've been meaning to wipe it to see how it feels without Rolling Eyes

Hopefully it was wiped before I bought it and I get the feel of an upgrade when I put it back on Laughing
 D3 incl. genuine glass windscreen, front bi-focal headlights, full width rear bumper, self levelling washer bottle contents and audible 'tick tock' indicator stalk
911 GT3 had one [never]
R8 V12 just gone [past me]
Piiss highest up a wall winner runner up 1979 

Post #79501210th May 2011 2:08 pm
caverD3

It'll tell you when you plug it in. Thumbs Up

I certainly tell with mine. It also sorted a rough idle at start up. Surprised
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #79524511th May 2011 12:13 am
Will Hay

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

caverD3 wrote:
It'll tell you when you plug it in. Thumbs Up

I certainly tell with mine. It also sorted a rough idle at start up. Surprised

Smile
Was it a noticable change for you then?
Smoother, better torque in third etc?
Any change to MPG?
Well worth the money?
 D3 incl. genuine glass windscreen, front bi-focal headlights, full width rear bumper, self levelling washer bottle contents and audible 'tick tock' indicator stalk
911 GT3 had one [never]
R8 V12 just gone [past me]
Piiss highest up a wall winner runner up 1979 

Post #79712416th May 2011 12:29 pm
caverD3

Definately worth the money IMO.
Smoother, and noticable oomph once you hit 2500 rpm.
Fuel economy was 2L per 100kph better but once I started using the extra with the map it went down to 1L per 100km better. Rolling Eyes
I think the OEM maps are designed to give the best economy for the standard test for the consumption figure and are unrelated to the real world.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #79746316th May 2011 11:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >