Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Front Parking Distance Aid Inactive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
biggabreakfast

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Parking aid speaker - all sorted!

Got my new parking aid rear speaker today, 5 minute job to fit and all systems go.
FCR FAULTMATE pays for itself again.
My wife said 'have you done it already' when I returned to the house after a surprisingly short time.
A nice quick job to do, and only cost 14 quid from Duckworth at market rasen.

Very happy once again.

Incidentally, I've always even able to change sensors without too much hassle, you just have to have very flexible wrists to be able to get to them. Just take it easy with the force!

Post #96682417th Aug 2012 2:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Crosbo

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Interesting read gents. Perhaps you can provide some guidance on my rear units that suddenly stopped working after I towed a trailer and was defeating the system. Sometimes the lights flash...or should I say most times the button lights flash and sometimes pushing the button defeats the system and sometimes not. As for sound, only very rarely now.

A couple of weeks ago, my son failed to close the left rear door completely. I was in the act of backing up, no sound and was has become the usual flashing button. I realized the door was not fully closed, reached back and opened then closed the door. The flashing lighs went away and the back up sensors worked as normal...sound and all...after a couple of months of not working. Next stop, back in vehicle, start is and go to back up...once again non-functional.

A week later my wife drops me at the airport, pulled my luggage and closed the rear hatch doors. She said before she could drive away she had to back up to go around another car...and the system beeped and scared her because she was no longer accustomed to the sound...but that it worked as expected...but only that once.

Yesterday I pulled the cover on the left side and checked all the connections I could find...no difference.

Thoughts?
 LR -- 2005 LR3 -- Zambezi Sliver
JR -- 2002 Range Rover HSE -- Zambezi Silver
Vandy -- 1999 Jaguar XJ8 VDP -- Mistral Metallic (now has a new home)
Blue - 2006 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2 -- Pearl Midnight Blue 

Post #96996727th Aug 2012 1:13 am
biggabreakfast

Hi there, im no engineer but im getting to know my car with every job attempted, take off the left side panel in the boot under the window, this gives you access to the speaker (12 english pounds to replace). then remove the seat belt bolt at the left hand rear door and youll be able to see load of wiring underneath panel - check all connection for splits loose connections etc and with the ignition on but engine not started engage reverse and have a listen for the speaker sounding when you wiggle the wiring also try in drive gear as well just in case you might need an assistant, i find my two kids valuable for this. also listen at the sensors for the usual ticking noise but you need to be in a quiet spot to be able to hear the ticking okay.
on my disco 3 hse the faulty speaker knocked out all sensors and without my faultmate fcr i would have been stumped.

Post #97150030th Aug 2012 10:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
biggabreakfast

sorry didnt read the bit that said youve already had the panel off, i would go for a new speaker or really double check the connectons at it. because youre describing exactly the same thing that i was getting.

Post #97150430th Aug 2012 10:34 pm
Crosbo

Thanx for your feedback Bigga. I will have another go at it. I just pulled the little access door and messed with the connections i could easily see as I lay in cargo area. I go that next step and remove the seat belt bolt and see if I can gain greater access (I also haven't seen the speaker…only the AC fan) to be able to see the speaker and other associated components.

I'm sure a bad connection or chaffing exists…why else would it work once after I closed the left rear door….and once after the rear hatch doors had been slammed closed.

Thanx for your thoughts. I'll let you know what I find.

Post #97152230th Aug 2012 11:30 pm
Crosbo

Bigga, how do you get the left panel off? i removed the small cover, but do not know the steps to remove the large cover to gain access to everything. Your assistance is much appreciated.

BTW, it kinda worked again today...meaning, it worked, but the beaping sound was weak and garbled...then it went back to nothing and a flashing light the next time I had to use reverse.

Post #9719541st Sep 2012 5:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >