Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

D3 extras
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Very Annoyed

England 
D3 extras

OK wise people! Of all the extras we can get for the D3 what are any good? Mudflaps look good but do they handle off road use. Are the protection tubes any good? etc etc. Let me know what I should get done on the D3 for basic offroad use. (and to look good!)
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #8588615th Sep 2006 10:33 pm
SN

Make it look like Slimer's, 10's or Ken's - that'll do for start! Laughing Laughing Laughing
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #8588715th Sep 2006 10:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

I like the metal 'nudge' bar! How much - is it easy to fit or does it involve drilling holes in Mrs VA's new car? Something that might upset her!
Post #8588815th Sep 2006 10:37 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

AndrewS does good line in alternative p**smudflaps, also check out Nathan Woods' rock sliders 8) other than that, the best 'improvements' are tyres, the standard D3 is supremely capable offroad, apart from tyres and a winch, everything else is not much more than load capacity enhancement or cosmetic...

there is apparently, a embargo on supplying the steel 'brush guard' to UK dealers... If you find on that can supply don't post publicly as 'they are watching' Wink

Post #8588915th Sep 2006 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

Now I wonder where I could possibly find one? Confused Such a shame no one knows how to contact me!
Post #8589215th Sep 2006 10:45 pm
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

If you are into off roading, the winch set up looks nice, the elevated air intake is decent (but not as a true snorkle), the mud flaps seem to break off rather easily. The roof rack seems okay, but rather pricey. The running boards (side step bars) are decorative only, and will hamper your off road experience IMHO. I'm having the driving lights fitted this week, so I am hopeful that they are decent. The steel brush bar is reputed on this site to be fairly weak. I haven't quite figured out what the plastic A frame bar is supposed to do. The rear mounted tent thing doesn't have a ground floor, so would not work well in muddy conditions.

I like my Genuine Land Rover stainless steel coffee mug Smile

Post #8590616th Sep 2006 12:47 am
Very Annoyed

England 

The mug it is then! Laughing Laughing Will it enhance my offroad experience?
Post #8591916th Sep 2006 8:07 am
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

NW
some one in OZ , ARB i think, is about to
release a fully waterproof snorkle
i have ordered it and they are going to phone me when its ready.
well they were 2 months ago
how are you going with your suspension lift
peter

Post #8592216th Sep 2006 8:24 am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The best thing you could buy is a second set of wheels & tyres. I think someone was selling a set of 17" with new Coopers on this forum this week. As you know, you don't really need these for grip, but to save damaging the expensive road tyres or scratching the alloys.

I've not had a problem with the mudflaps yet, but maybe one day I'll damage them. For now, I'm glad I've got them.

The side steps are a pain when going off-road, but I wouldn't be without them. They are large enough to use, unlike the ones on other manufacturers. They are particularly handy when parked in a tight parking space (and they are all now!) and it means you can walk back along the car on the step, while squeezing through a narrow opening door. Also, when parked I raise the car up, so neighbouring car doors hit the steps and not my doors. Steps are great for kids and you don't need sill protectors when you have steps.

The rubber door strips are well worth getting. So it is the full set of rubber floor mats and the boot protectors. For boot mats, consider the roll up ones on eBay, as I think they are more practical than the LR ones - and much cheaper. See the Accessories section in my gallery.

The lamp guards have no function whatsoever, apart from making the lights more difficult to clean. Look good though.

Oh yes, and a Disco3 sticker.
 Matt  
Post #8592716th Sep 2006 9:53 am
SN

nwoods wrote:
I haven't quite figured out what the plastic A frame bar is supposed to do.
Clearly its for gently shoving other small vehicles Laughing Laughing Laughing Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #8593016th Sep 2006 10:40 am
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Nudge Bar

I want to get an ARB bumber, so would be happy to sell my brush bar, however, i'm in TX, usa..

t

Post #8664020th Sep 2006 3:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >