Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

SORTED THXS TO GTR MOTORS - fault code U0416 + many more
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
KevinTDV6SE

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
SORTED THXS TO GTR MOTORS - fault code U0416 + many more

Help my problems get worse. Fitted new compressor and she still is in low height even though the compressor is now working. Massive list of fault including U0416 which no where seems to explain in detail, any info very welcome.

Speedo not working. Suspension stuck in low. Says there's a hand brake fault. All terain setting not working.

Any advise welcome back in garage in morning.

Last edited by KevinTDV6SE on 14th Dec 2010 11:03 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #7270756th Dec 2010 9:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KevinTDV6SE

She starts first time drives in low suspension height. She dropped suspension height Fri PM. Then suddening fixed herself while driving to the garage. Reset all fault codes. Saturday dropped again and speedo stopped working and part brake fault appeared. Took to garage today compressor was dead so new compressor fitted. Still long list of faults some really random. Took ECU off some slightly corroded pins cleaned up. Hard reset. Still throwing up loads of faults. Suspension went up to normal height for a few minutes and dropped again. Drove home and back in tomorrow to try again.

Post #7270936th Dec 2010 9:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Trackman

Scotland 

I know this is not much help but if you have found corroded pins I suggest that this is your problem area.

The electronic data bus will not like intermittant connections and will throw faults all over the place like you are getting. The only way to fix this is to go over all the connections and clear faults till you eventually find (or not!) the problem area.

Good Luck,
Ian.

Post #7271836th Dec 2010 10:56 pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

which ecu did you clean up?
were the fault cades all relating to 'lost communication with'?

regards
Steve

Post #7272817th Dec 2010 7:49 am
KevinTDV6SE

The first ecu box behide the battery. It did say communication faults.

Post #7273437th Dec 2010 11:12 am
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

That's the transfer box ecu. If you have checked out those connections carefully, both on the ecu & in the plug & made good, you need to carry out a network integrity test. Not sure how this is displayed with the equipment you are using? on IDS/SDD what is communicating is displayed on the opening screen & you can also do the integrity test to see which ecu's are communicating. Post back the list of what is & isn't talking & I'll try to help to locate the area of problem.
Is there a common ecu which is shown as errors in the rest, i.e. instrument pack saying, no communication from the transfer box control module? or similar?

Regards
Steve

Post #7275657th Dec 2010 6:18 pm
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Here you can put in your faultcodes and get the description.

http://www.eobd2.eu/DTCL.asp
U0416 Generic Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module

Could be ABS sensor or height sensor. This gives lot off lots communiation errors, forget them, look at sensor problems.

Maybe post your complete list here and we have a Twisted Evil Whistle

You might even get a direction to look at.
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #7279538th Dec 2010 9:30 am
kevin-t

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Advice!

Had some of the same problems as stated myself last year, got site sponser 10 for cash up to resolve, after many weeks of troubled motoring and numerous guys investigating the problem.

Took almost the whole day to find my problem, however he sorted it!!!!! might be worth you checking this out!
My problem was caused by the fusebox behind the battery, one of the fuse holders was expanding when car running, but the fuse wasent, therfor no contact. Whilst car running. Maybe of help maybe not? worth checking tho!

No problems since. (Touch wood)

Thumbs up for ten for cash Thumbs Up

Kevin-T........................

Post #7279948th Dec 2010 11:09 am
KevinTDV6SE

Interesting will update once i've been back to the garage later today

Post #7280918th Dec 2010 2:03 pm
KevinTDV6SE

Latest up date is we are getting closer to fixing the faults. Gavin at GTR motors littleport, Cambs has now located a dead wire from the rear ABS sensor to the front wheel arch. So fingers crossed Monday they are going to find the break and repair it! So far it has been a long and painful process of fault finding but last nite we had a result with finding the dead cable. Hopefully my next post will be the one saying all my problems are solved!

Post #72978411th Dec 2010 11:40 am
KevinTDV6SE

Gavin at GTR Motors has yet again has scored 10/10

Well I am happy to say that my little Disco is back to full heath, suspension up, all warning lights are gone, and I have the perma grin back on my face. I must say a massive thanks to Gavin and his team for making her better, I must also thank Gavin's wife due to him working late into the night on a couple of evenings (which didn't go down well I am sure). After many, many hours of fault finding and computer diagnostics, we finally found a dead cable and then they managed to work there way along the whole length until they found a tiny hole in the outer plastic. This tiny hole which to be fair you could have passed many times without even noticing it and plus it was deep be hide the wheel arch. Once this was skill fully repaired and patched up she came back to life! It has been a long and painful process but the end result was worth it.

I can thoroughly recommend Gavin at GTR Motors in Littleport, Cambridgeshire the service is second to none, they operate a transparent, honest service. When I had a Full service there (for £200!) you actually get to see the parts removed and there no question that the work has been carried out (a few of my service parts looked a lot older than a year old and in some cases the parts he removed looked original! naughty main dealers!) If anyone what's Gavin's mobile its 07702 853447 he's the boss and he has a D3 which is always a good sign when looking at independent garages, due to his good level of service 6 of my work colleges all use him now!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #73118114th Dec 2010 9:56 am
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Roel wrote:
Could be ABS sensor or height sensor. This gives lot off lots communiation errors, forget them, look at sensor problems.

Sometimes I am lucky that my answers is close. Whistle
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #73335018th Dec 2010 2:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >