Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 GS SATNAV UPGRADE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

To clarify...

i have the same plug on my D4 amp you are looking at ?

Do you want male or female pins ?
How many of each ?

If its a connector on my car i can see what the pins are so just need to know the details above.

Hope that makes sence.

Pete

Post #72012623rd Nov 2010 8:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

fcb1230 wrote:
Hi Wiggs

Without wishing to detract from the topic of this thread, is there any way I can fit a DAB into my D£ without using the Pure Highway or the DAB ICS? I noticed it was on the image you posted above. I haven't fitted the BT unit you supplied yet, it's going in this weekend.

Have been chatting to another member regarding this ... In theory it should work ... Just a bit if most cable , antenna and power ... Enable it and should work . Unfortunatly the dab unit I have is faulty .. So until I get another I can't prove the theory
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #72022323rd Nov 2010 11:24 pm
fcb1230

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

If you wouldn't mind keeping me posted on your progress. If it does work could you do the installation too? Or is that a step too far. Very Happy I'm frequently in your part of the world

Post #72022823rd Nov 2010 11:31 pm
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hi Guys,
I am having a little problem identifying a couple of wires for my Satnav upgrade. If possible please can someone having a look at the electrical drawings to establish where these wires go. Below is a picture of connector C1354. C1354 plugs into the audio head unit. I have identified all wires except C1354-2. This wire is coloured Green and Black. This is one of the wires I am trying to identify. I cannot find this wire on my drawings.

I am also trying to establish the pinouts in the photo below. This is the connector that is situated in the middle of the radio console and plugs into the back of the clock in the XS. I can make an educated guess as to where these pins (all 4) go but would prefer to see a drawing that demonstrates the pin outs. The clock does not appear in the ICE drawings I have.

One other question. Below is a photo of the phone antenna module that sits on the roof often referred to as a wart on this forum. Smile This antenna is for a car with the alpine roof. I believe that to fit this antenna you have to peel off the silver foil and place onto the roof. This antenna is basically bonded to the roof using the sticky pad under the foil. There does not appear to be any way of bolting this down as you would with a D3/4 without the alpine roof. Has anybody put one of these on their car and if so is the fitting basically correct for a car with a sunroof.

Thank you for your help.

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #7263025th Dec 2010 2:50 pm
ludomcgurk

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Izmir BlueDiscovery 4

I note with interest your pursuit of updated SATNAV installation in D4. I've got an D4 HSE and the satnav is spectacularly awful to the point of sometimes being dangerous - e.g. junction information as you're going though them or have just passed them, turnoffs that don't exist, roads that do exist not being displayed, complex menu system etc. Is there any known way of making this all better or do I just stick Tom-Tom back on the window? Tom Tom works properly.

Post #73812928th Dec 2010 3:23 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Tomtom may be your answer if you are not happy with the factory nav Sad

Pete

Post #73819228th Dec 2010 7:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andiow

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
D4 Sat Nav

Hi Pete i just bought a D4 GS and want to upgrade as well did you manage to get it to work ok ?

Thanks

Andy

Post #7402772nd Jan 2011 8:55 pm
samh

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
SCREEN for D4

Does anyone know if you buy & retro fit a proper 7inch LCD monitor with Sat Nav and reversing camera into a DISCOVERY4. Mine is fitted with just the plain display (single colour). I prefer not to bodgy up with a 7inch Alpine LCD touch screen, i would like to know if this is possible?
thanks

Post #74974720th Jan 2011 12:05 pm
methley
a.k.a. Big Hairy Ski Monster 

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

wiggs wrote:
Have been chatting to another member regarding this ... In theory it should work ... Just a bit if most cable , antenna and power ... Enable it and should work . Unfortunatly the dab unit I have is faulty .. So until I get another I can't prove the theory
Yes hurry up, and don't blow the new one up! Rolling with laughter Andy

Fridge Slide for sale https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post2064622.html#2064622 

Post #74975020th Jan 2011 12:11 pm
Makfilin

Poland 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Where is GPS module in D4???

Post #75234726th Jan 2011 9:37 am
Phillw

The GPS Module is located under the high mounted stop light. You will need to remove the stop lamp to locate it in the correct position. Nightmare job as the stop light has to be bonded into place. You could feed the module in from behind the light, under the trim but you would never get it truly located without removing the stop light.

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #75269926th Jan 2011 9:21 pm
Makfilin

Poland 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Phillw wrote:
Hi,
Please could somebody confirm the position of my phone module in the attached picture? This is a D4 GS. The original phone module can be seen on the floor. The new module can be seen in what I believe to be the correct position. I am replacing the original as it has no support for MOST. So to get the phone to work with new satnav (MOST bus) I need to change the module. I would be grateful if anybody can put a picture on to the forum of a D4 XS or above showing the phone module in position. More pictures in my gallery.
Thank You.

Is it small black box with grey GVIF connect on this photo???

Post #75281927th Jan 2011 12:14 am
lee157

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Phillw wrote:

One other question. Below is a photo of the phone antenna module that sits on the roof often referred to as a wart on this forum. Smile This antenna is for a car with the alpine roof. I believe that to fit this antenna you have to peel off the silver foil and place onto the roof. This antenna is basically bonded to the roof using the sticky pad under the foil. There does not appear to be any way of bolting this down as you would with a D3/4 without the alpine roof. Has anybody put one of these on their car and if so is the fitting basically correct for a car with a sunroof.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Phil,
Not sure if you found the answer to this, but we've had this once before on here and there are 2 types of antenna, one for the alpine roof which as you say bonds to the glass and one for the metal roof that is bolted through the metal and secured with M6 nuts.

Click image to enlarge

It seems to be the same for the D3 and D4, but don't go by the part number in the pic as these are for the D3.

Hope it helps

Lee

Post #75294227th Jan 2011 12:17 pm
Phillw

Hi Lee157,
Thank you for responding to my post. I have had the Antenna bonded in position on to the roof. My phone module is now hooked up. New loom for the Satnav is in the car. I have also made provision for RSE. I will do that bit when funds allow. Looking to install Satnav screen/ radio / clock and amp tomorrow subjected to the weather. Wiring is now all in place. I will then use MSV2 to activate the whole lot. So hopefully by Monday all being well should have XS spec satnav in my GS. Very Happy The only part I have not done is the USB connector for MP3/IPod. I have not been able to determine how this should be fitted. Need photos of wiring connections. If everything goes to plan I will look at adding USB soon after.

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #75352828th Jan 2011 6:50 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

ipod / usb connection goes from a little module that sits under the passenger seat ( next to the surround camera module ) . It has got a most connector on it aswell as one other if i remember correctly .
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #75353428th Jan 2011 6:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >