Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Excellent TurboChip dealer.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Excellent TurboChip dealer.

I'd like to tell everyone about the outstanding service I've had from the Northampton based TurboChip dealer Alastair Milne.
I first met Alastair at Linden Special Vehicles, who I have used for the past 6 years, where he worked the T/C magic on my D3.
He followed this up with a couple of phone calls to check I was happy etc.
When my D3 was booked in for the enhancement programme, I contacted him to arrange to have the T/C redone. He was very helpful & even arranged to meet me half way. Unfortunately, my enhancement programme didn't go smoothly as the instrument pack kept "blowing up" Shocked . This meant delays in getting the D3 back & cancelled meetings with Alastair. He remained flexible throughout & provided a level of service that is nowadays sadly rare.
Many thanks to him.
He can be contacted on 07770977867 or via the T/C website.

Post #7176220th Jul 2006 2:35 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Alastair is a very good guy and he's based in Northampton for the info of forum members in that area. Smile
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #7179020th Jul 2006 4:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Excellent TurboChip dealer.

I'll second that he sorted me a while back then reflashed me after the enhancement had been carried out by LR and very kindly looked after ken clearing up the mess left by you no who Rolling Eyes we are all very happy Thumbs Up for Alastair keeping the T/C flag flying. Very Happy
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #7193821st Jul 2006 7:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Nick Heyes from Carlisle is also worthy of a mention too.

He TC'd my car about a month ago. The day after he did it, the car was in the dealers to have a faulty door lock repaired. Thinking they were doing me a favour, the dealers 'enhanced' my car. Little did they know they actually 'de-enhanced' it. Needless to say, I wasn't best pleased Evil or Very Mad - I only got to enjoy the benefits of the chip upgrade for all of an hour Big Cry

Nick was very understanding when I told him of my misfortune and promised to restore my upgrade as soon as he could. True to his word, he re-TC'd my car yesterday evening.

Many thanks to you Nick, I'm one happy bunny again Thumbs Up
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #7205921st Jul 2006 2:00 pm
MW

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4
Excellent turbochip dealer- Alastair Milne

Bought my d3 in feb 2006, got is chipped 2 weeks later - just had the 30K service where dealer appeared to remove the heart out of the beast.
Fuel economy went back to 22miles to gallon - Spoke to alastair at turbochip and he rechipped it two days later - no charge just great service.

Interestingly it took about 50 miles until the old girl started performing again. just done a round trip of 180miles and back up to 27.8mpg. Driven at 70 this goes up to 30mpg. Driven hard it never goes below 26.7mpg even in london stop/start. I reakon over the last 30K i get about 520 miles to a tank sometimes 490. Standard disco was doing barely 400 - payback was pretty quick.

If anyone wants any info please contact me.

Post #7232023rd Jul 2006 8:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >