Torque Tune dyno figures ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
drpepper

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Torque Tune dyno figures ?

MartinR wrote:
drpepper wrote:

2). Drove a D4 3.0 and didn't perceive too much difference.

Assuming you mean "...compared to remapped D3" that sounds about right in a straight line - remaps seem to give about 25% increase in power, so 190 up to 235 vs 244 for D4. I suspect you might notice more of a difference through the bends though

Yep, meant against my tuned D3, you are absolutely right though round the twisties the D4 is miles better than the D3, almost incomprehensibly better to be honest!
 Errr, ummm, maybe...oh bo**ocks, just do it !

Club Torq-Tune
Club ATR
Club Mantec
Club TFC Serviced

2008 Zermatt Silver HSE with 20" Shadowchrome Stormers, 100W Spots, Sideboards, chrome pipes, Privacy Glass and D3 sticker
2000 Boxster S
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 

Post #67587724th Jul 2010 2:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drpepper

DG wrote:
I have info for TorqTune from my old D3

at 2400rpm the ftLB of torque was 402 (up from 350) or 545nm

at 3600rpm the bhp was 238 (up from 191)

Obviously TFC is able to adapt the map to suit individual requirements.

Impartiality note:
Other remaps are available from sponsors on this site.

Cheers, and to CJM for the plot, just what I was after as a guide Thumbs Up

Was just general curiosity and also seeing how a remapped D3 stacks up BHP & NM per ton against some of it's peers that are out there...

Club Torq-Tune
Club ATR
Club Mantec
Club TFC Serviced

2008 Zermatt Silver HSE with 20" Shadowchrome Stormers, 100W Spots, Sideboards, chrome pipes, Privacy Glass and D3 sticker
2000 Boxster S

Post #67587824th Jul 2010 2:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JDB

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

As a relative newbie round these parts can I ask how the costs of the different tunes vary?
Do you get what you pay for in terms of improvement in torque/"drivability" and MPG?

Post #67598724th Jul 2010 8:46 pm
drpepper

That questions seems to send people scurrying for the bunkers and tin hats so beware...... Laughing

There's many a thread on it but from what I have seen there are two performance upgrades that account for 99% of remapped D3's on here, TorqTune and BAS.

As you'll have picked up I have TT, it was 'installed' by TenForCash (site sponsor) at my location during a service at a price that suited us both, I'm 100% happy with it and it transformed the car, much more responsive.

Likewise those that have the BAS remap (supplied by another site sponsor who's name escapes me) all seem very happy with their choice, either way I don't think you can go wrong Thumbs Up

From what I've read the fundamental difference (leaving the speeds and feeds out of it) is Ian (TenForCash) installs the Torqtune remap for you, with BAS you have the gadgets to de-install it, re-install it etc, I believe the theory behind this is that you can take it off before it goes into the dealers to avoid any warranty issues. From a personal perspective mines been in to the dealers a few times and been roadtested by their guys with the Torqtune in place an I've had no issues whatsoever, however some people may prefer the ability to return the map to standard and I can understand why.

Part of the fee Ian charges is to cover his re-attendance to reapply the Torqtune map should it get overwritten by a dealer performing software updates etc.

I can personally vouch for Ian and Torqtune, BAS are also held in very high regard so realistically i think it's fair to say you can't go wrong with either Thumbs Up

Club Torq-Tune
Club ATR
Club Mantec
Club TFC Serviced

2000 Boxster S

Post #67604924th Jul 2010 11:02 pm
CJM625

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Glad to be of service Thumbs Up
 2015 BMW i3 REX
2014 Golf GTD DSG 

Post #67606324th Jul 2010 11:58 pm
JDB

DrPepper - thanks, i guess what i want to do is compare apples with apples which is unlikely to be possible, but to ensure i fully understand before i commit my hard earned cash! Will keep researching/

Post #67607825th Jul 2010 6:09 am
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

car been to many stealers with BAS map (s) applied and they never even noticed, I guess they do not look for it, I also think it might be rather difficult to spot differences seeing IDS/T4 at work, you'd have to use some file comparator soft to spot differences at once so no worries...

and BAS map is truly comfortable solution and you get code reader, although basic but very useful, at least gives you idea on what the stealers would be lying to you about what have been what have not been done lol like in my case

Post #67612025th Jul 2010 9:38 am
drpepper

JDB wrote:
DrPepper - thanks, i guess what i want to do is compare apples with apples which is unlikely to be possible, but to ensure i fully understand before i commit my hard earned cash! Will keep researching/

Best thing you can do is see if there is a torqtuned and a BAS remapped motor in the possesion of forum members in your area and see if they'll take you for a spin or something, Hampshires a long way from me I'm afraid

Club Torq-Tune
Club ATR
Club Mantec
Club TFC Serviced

2000 Boxster S

Post #67619525th Jul 2010 1:43 pm
JDB

Yep! Driven a TT one now need to find a BAS one!
Thanks

Post #67619825th Jul 2010 2:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >