Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Help needed on Left Hand side mirror
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Help needed on Left Hand side mirror

Last night I hit a parked van and cracked the plastic housing and the mirror glass fell off the motor, lucky there are heating element wires holding the mirror glass on. I temporarily fitted the mirror glass back on.

I'd like to know if you can buy the whole mirror assembly from the hinge or if you need to buy the whole assembly extending from the door.

More importantly I'd like to know how you remove the assembly. Has anyone got pics from a manual.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #7077916th Jul 2006 10:01 pm
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

For anyone who is interested in the results.

The mirror assembly is a complete unit from the door frame but it does not include the mirror and plastic frame the mirror sits in. This is another assembly that you must purchase.

The Dealer needed my VIN to check which assmebly was the right one for my D3 - there are variants.

The mirror assembly is fixed to the door frame with 3 bolts. It looks like you must remove the interior door trim where the tweeter sits to access the bolts and cable connections.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #7100318th Jul 2006 8:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >