Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

How to tell if car has beed remapped?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
forever

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

ok you must have some kind of super disco, never managed to get close to spinning my wheels Very Happy

Post #6700069th Jul 2010 10:16 am
D3 1234

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Never spun my wheels either but I have to say it beats the hell out of what she was before.
Passengers even comment on the power and of course I don't let them know its remapped. Thumbs Up
Best damn money I spent in a long while Whistle

Post #6700459th Jul 2010 12:02 pm
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Ok, I'm very confused now… I have an 05MY bought when it was 18 months old from one of our sponsors - Lookers Park Royal London. As far as I know it has never been chipped and has been serviced at main dealers for the rest of it's 85,000 mile life. Before I bought it everyone warned me how much I'd hate driving such a slow car… far from it, I've been nothing but surprised? It goes really well, no hint of a lag when pulling away at roundabouts and easy to spin wheels from a standing start (especially when turning) How can this be?
Confused
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #6700579th Jul 2010 12:27 pm
jamesbond007

Portugal 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

forever wrote:
ok you must have some kind of super disco, never managed to get close to spinning my wheels Very Happy

Having GG AT2 might help, plus a bit of sand on the road I think....... Laughing
 The older I get, the better I was.

Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto (BAS remap) after Defender TD4 110 Crew Cab and 1964 SIIA 88. 

Post #6700759th Jul 2010 1:07 pm
mattdaniels

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I think I will stick to my Evo 7 when I want "neck snapping acceleration" and "wheel spinning". The disco is a big heavy slow comfy arm chair for pulling the horse trailer. A sports car it aint. Razz

Post #6700819th Jul 2010 1:38 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Guys, i know remapping has been done to death on here and i am personally a staunch supporter of Pete Bell (BAS), but unlike many, i have the benefit of having now remapped a few TDV6's and as such i am starting to gain an appreciation of aspects that i believe may not be well known and which might well account for the difference of opinion so often seen in discussions on how good or bad remaps are.

The fact of the matter seems to be that like cars, no two engines are the same, and some just seem to be able to benefit from a remap far better than others. I am currently driving a BAS mapped TDV6 RRS and me and Pete worked real hard, trying several variations to find the map mods that best suits it. We blanked the EGRs and everything, and it is indeed well improved without doubt. But it still is no where near as good and responsive as my own TDV6 D3 which, without tweaking of the regular remap or any blanking, provides near GTI levels of performance well worthy of the surgical collar comment.

What i like most about using Pete and why i support him is that he realizes this and does not adopt the one map fits all approach so many do. when you buy a map from BAS you don't just get a set of data, you get the mans agreement and help you get the best map that suits your car. If it does not end up with you looking for a surgical collar, then no amount of remapping your car will and you just have to accept that.

Post #6701899th Jul 2010 6:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mzplcg

England 

That being the case I'm feeling a BAS remap coming on for the FFRR TDB8. Already a stonkingly powerful machine mind you.

Post #6702089th Jul 2010 8:25 pm
jamesbond007

Portugal 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

mattdaniels wrote:
I think I will stick to my Evo 7 when I want "neck snapping acceleration" and "wheel spinning". The disco is a big heavy slow comfy arm chair for pulling the horse trailer. A sports car it aint. Razz

Have a 5.0 liter V8 Mercedes convertible for fun. 8)
Not sure what an Evo 7 is though.... Subaru?
 The older I get, the better I was.

Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto (BAS remap) after Defender TD4 110 Crew Cab and 1964 SIIA 88. 

Post #6702699th Jul 2010 10:11 pm
wslr

t7mbo wrote:
well there is definately turbo lag!
When you come to an island, and put your foot down to go,you can virtually roll a fag before anything happens!

Could be iffy EGR valve(s).

I'll get shot for saying this (trade n'all Rolling Eyes ) but most remaps will give a much better response low down, and a certain tuner I deal with tweeks the way the turbo runs at lower revs which makes a big difference.

Post #67044310th Jul 2010 8:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >