Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

LR don't make it easy to hang onto customers!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Steve,

I posted this in an earlier thread, but it is in the same vein as your comment....it's related to our "attempt" to buy a FL2 late last year as a second car.

I found that the largest LR dealer in the whole area is actually pretty f Censored g useless and doesn't even bother sending quotes to you.....

I had to visit them three times just to ask for a quote (never available on phone and never returned calls) and even then I never received one.

I simply got bored in the end and couldn't even be arsed going to a different dealer. We simply decided that we could live with our current second car for another year or two and use the money for something else that we had "on the list".....

The sad thing is that if the dealer had been bothered (it seems being a repeat customer doesn't win you any points), then we would have bought one as soon as they presented the right price and spec...... Confused
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #67312217th Jul 2010 10:47 pm
anglefire

England 

Quote:
Is a very fair point and it may well come to that. Not too btohered about latest and greatest, however I'm obliged to have something reliable and under warranty for work as they fund it.

Funny that- cos so am I! Our rules say the car must be no more than 1 year old on purchase and 5year old.

I have just sold my Defender - which was 13years old and bought a 4 year old D3.

I have a very flexible employer Thumbs Up
 Mark.
2006, D3 SE Auto - gone but not forgotten.
2014 BMW 530d M Sport Tourer.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Post #67316318th Jul 2010 8:54 am
drpepper

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

It's partly the inconvenience to be honest, had a couple of things go wrong on the D3 recently, all sorted with LR assist and dealer under warranty it just screws your schedule up and has nearly cost me two missed flights already (2 panicky dashes through Manchester airport!), maybe just losing confidence in it.

XC90 seems a viable alternative and opposed to 52k and no offers for the D4 with the spec I'd want Volvo are knocking out the exec spec top of the range with 10K discounts quite easily found at main dealers, makes it 33K with all the toys, it's not the D4 I'd love but with getting on for a 20k price difference (or £300 per month)it's difficult for me to say the D4 is 20k better than an XC90!

Maybe have to bite the bullet and go with it for 18 months and see what happend to D4 prices in the meantime, also how the LRX shapes up for launch Thumbs Up
 Errr, ummm, maybe...oh bo**ocks, just do it !

Club Torq-Tune
Club ATR
Club Mantec
Club TFC Serviced

2008 Zermatt Silver HSE with 20" Shadowchrome Stormers, 100W Spots, Sideboards, chrome pipes, Privacy Glass and D3 sticker
2000 Boxster S
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 

Post #67587224th Jul 2010 2:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Make sure you get rid of it
before the warranty runs out.
 Pete  
Post #67587524th Jul 2010 2:31 pm
drpepper

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Warranty expires early on next year, another reason for starting to see what the options are, UK VAT will be 20% from Jan so if buying new seems sensible to do it before end of 2010!
 Errr, ummm, maybe...oh bo**ocks, just do it !

Club Torq-Tune
Club ATR
Club Mantec
Club TFC Serviced

2008 Zermatt Silver HSE with 20" Shadowchrome Stormers, 100W Spots, Sideboards, chrome pipes, Privacy Glass and D3 sticker
2000 Boxster S
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 

Post #67588024th Jul 2010 3:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
doubledoom

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
I'm sure it does, easier to keep people with a brand once you've got them there normally and whilst the D4 is a very good motor just about all the competition is has much better deals out there.

I thought the deals on the D4 were fine given the current sales levels. i.e. you dont discount a car if you keep selling all your allocations quickly.

I ordered from the third dealer I saw. First one didn't want to know. Ironically, he phoned up last week and asked if I was still interested. That was 6 weeks after I put my order in elsewhere and about 9 weeks after I last spoke to him where he was going to get back to me (which he didnt). Second one was fine but didnt want to take an order because there was no stock.

I did take a look at Audi and the Q7 but I think its ugly. Plus, I didnt like how it drove. I did that mainly as my last few cars have been Audi. If I ordered in June i would be lucky to see one until February next year.

So, its not just LR.

Post #67590624th Jul 2010 6:42 pm
Dave34

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I think u should try two or three L R Dealers and make each one do a quote and then lrt the battle begin. I deliver cars as my job and it think the Mere G L and M Class look Censored Censored . They have good off road present as I seen them at Mere World Weybridge and I done a few off roading shows for Merc, but to me there is only one off roader for the job and its anything in the Series 3 soz could find the L R badge.

Post #67827430th Jul 2010 8:57 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

looked at a nice stornoway HSE D4 today when i was in the dealers ..... but 50K !!!..... whilst my SE D3 has only 22,000 miles on it I will be going extended warranty when mine comes to 3 years old.

2011 MY XS spec has got better but paying extra for electric seats on a 40k car in 2010 when they are standard on reasonably spec'd mondeos's...

Judging by the number of Q5s kicking around here .. there is a market for a well speced 30-40k 4 wheel drive .. seems like landrover are making room for the ICON ...
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6

Post #67849931st Jul 2010 9:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >