Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

Acceiera Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ronk

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Make sure you put a knife thro the side wall when you dump them!

Post #69188211th Sep 2010 12:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Those who have "enjoyed" these bits of rubber please put a review on Tyretest.com as there are only positive reviews.
Either someone is telling porkies, or they've killed off those that have tried....
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #69198811th Sep 2010 7:04 pm
AndyO

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Accelera? This might shed some light on my latest problem!

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of a long running dispute with a garage around our 06 D3 HSE which had a load of stuff needing attention when we bought it.

Among the wheel problems was uneven tyre wear and I've had them replace the rears (front are still the Scorpion Zeros).

We've now got these Accelera Iotas on the back and at anything over 60mph its like driving in high wind. Feels terrible. Thought it may be tracking or alignment but maybe its just poor tyres?

dammit. 3 months into this dispute and yet another thing that's not going to be easy to resolve. Sad

Anyone else had similar experience?

Post #69737727th Sep 2010 12:24 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Jamie, go back to thedealer and get him to replace them. Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #69745327th Sep 2010 4:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jamieklb

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The dealer I bought mine from is about 400 miles from where I live so taking it back there is not really an option. It's booked into my local dealer - still 100 miles away - for another problem so I'll bring the tyre situation to their attention. The dealer, Kentdale, said they were putting 4 new tyres on it for me so I wish I'd thought to ask them what they were fitting. The spare is a Pirelli Scorpion so it's not really much use with the other things.
I've been overseas for the past 4 weeks and my Discovery has had very little use by my wife. I only got it 10 days before I came away and I was a bit surprised by the handling - or lack of. Now I know it's the tyres I'll be looking for replacements when I get home later this week. Very Happy
 2015 Discovery 4 HSE Corris with Blackpack
1965 100" Coil Spring Hybrid Offender. 

Post #69747027th Sep 2010 4:48 pm
AndyO

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
forgot to come back when all was resolved....

Back on 4 new Scorpion Zeros from the garage and feels like a different car.

Whatever their quoted rating I'm guessing the Accelera Iotas are not up to the job under even a little bit of lateral stress! To echo the damning comments above avoid like the plague......

Post #7122845th Nov 2010 12:01 am
marksimonpowell

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

my new to me d4 xs also has these tyres fitted. youve all got me quite nervous now! i have to admit i havent noticed anything untoward as yet so when i change my tyres i assume i will think the car is even more outstanding than it is!!!! in the snow we had the other week i went up a 20% hill with at least 8" of snow without issue so im unsure what the worry is? can anyone shed any light?

Post #9280834th May 2012 12:16 pm
Johnnytheboy

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

these accelera iota tyres are on the front on mine when i bought it, despite what people are saying on here, they havent dumped me in a ditch yet !

im on 18`s,pressure 36 psi. feedback is ok,they`ve never let go in the wet or dry & that includes 40 mph plus into a roundabout nr bluewater in the wet..lol. also ok on wet grass with mild ruts.

however im putting grabber at`s on later in the year as im just pleased to have bought the disco at the moment. Very Happy

Post #9281294th May 2012 1:56 pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

They should not kill you if you drive to the tyre and drivers ability, (bit like any other tyre) if you can run a mile "do" but if you can't "don't"

I do think most drivers are not stupid and will adapt to what is underneath them.

They are a budget tyre which we are seeing a few more around of late but we will NOT be selling them.

The D3/4 is a great 4x4 and works well with a good tyre and of course a good driver. Thumbs Up

Kumho would be a much better bet and are priced well.

Post #9283965th May 2012 7:43 am
JC

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

I managed to get the Accelera's changed for Pirelli whilst they were still quite young, felt like a completely different car. The Accelera's felt like they were made of some sort of hard plastic instead of rubber, grip in the wet was butt clenchingly awfull. I'm still on budgets as the cars on contract and is now on Toyo's, not as good as the Pirelli's or Good Year's but still far superior to Accelara. I've been driving L/R products of various marques now for 40 years and do some high mileage, so trust me, I can tell the difference !!. I have no experience (yet !) with D4, but cant believe someone would fit such terrible boots to such a fine vehicle.

Post #9284355th May 2012 10:53 am
marksimonpowell

Unnecessary quote removed

Stratstone bury fitted mine! If I'd known I'd have chipped in so they could have put some decent ones on!

Post #93358820th May 2012 10:22 am
DerbyshireDisco

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I'm looking for a Disco right now and have seen at least 3 fitted with these tyres, probably by the dealer as they looked new.
Based on the information in this thread I wouldn't take the thing for a test drive let alone consider buying unless the dealer changeed them for a recognized brand.
 Displaced Yorkshireman.
=^:^=
SDV6 Auto obviously, Loire blue/Ebony, ugly kid glass, RLD wheel protector, private plate and maybe side steps. 

Post #93378921st May 2012 10:00 am
marksimonpowell

Unnecessary quote removed

good luck!

Post #93379421st May 2012 10:05 am
DerbyshireDisco

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Cheers Thumbs Up .
 Displaced Yorkshireman.
=^:^=
SDV6 Auto obviously, Loire blue/Ebony, ugly kid glass, RLD wheel protector, private plate and maybe side steps. 

Post #93379621st May 2012 10:08 am
Johnnytheboy

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The AJS4X4 was the best thing ive read on the replies for acceira tyres, they are on the front on my car and im still alive Laughing

You guy`s should try an unladen articulated vehicle in the wet/ice running on continentals,now thats scary Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #93385921st May 2012 12:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >