Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

D3 suspension - assistance required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mike C

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
D3 suspension - assistance required

Help!!!! Having had my D3 for just 4 weeks and allowing the warranty to run out last Friday and taking the gamble not to extend the warranty again, (life - you never stop learning huh), the suspension has gone bonkers. It now looks like a hot rod and keeps going into to extended mode on the rear without any input from me and is on the bump stops on the front.

Having read several threads about the problem, it would appear that my experience is not unique.

I have been trying to contact 10forcash but without success, if anyone has a tel number for him I'd be obliged, failing that, if anyone knows anyone else who seems to have a grasp of the suspension issues and isn't too far from sunny Rotherham and is prepared to travel please get in touch. My mobile is 07740 652070 if anyone wants to get hold of me.

As a note, this problem has reared its head 30 miles down the road following the replacement of a front to rear brake pipe under warranty at the dealer to get it through its MOT. Could this work have caused any problem/anybody had a similar issue.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Sad

Post #65965912th Jun 2010 9:41 am
zarnd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Without knowing what the dealer would have had to have taken off or moved to replace the brake pipe I can't answer. Always worth taking it back and telling them that since they replaced the pipe the suspension has gone up the swanny. It's entirely possible that something could have been knocked and is now out of sequence.

Always worth a phone call in my book. I think that they should certainly look at it for you FOC and go from there

cheers and good luck Thumbs Up
 Alex

2007 D3 TDV6 HSE
2009 Caterham Supersport
2005 FFRR Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG 

Post #65967012th Jun 2010 10:28 am
bambi

England 

High Mike im only 2miles from you Hi There, which dealer was it, i think there is a connection under the front wheel arch for the suspension, this may have been caught and displaced, failing that check all the sensor wires near the front struts.

Post #65972112th Jun 2010 2:51 pm
ELD70

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Sounds like a height sensor has failed, looks more drastic than it is.
 Now driving BMW 330d Touring....misses D3...but not when at traffic lights Smile  
Post #65973112th Jun 2010 3:51 pm
Mike C

Thankyou!

Chaps,

What can I say, it's a real testimony to the type of folk that own landies, thanks for all those that have replied and Bambi for the phone call and advice.

To my delight 10forcash has emailed me so will probably book in with him to get it fettled properly, I'm ok around my 49 year old series 2 but sadly am a Ludite when it comes to technology that runs the modern tackle!

Thanks again

Mike

Post #65982812th Jun 2010 10:19 pm
bambi

England 

Cool for cats mike, see you in the village sometime. Say hi to Iain when you see him.

Post #65984313th Jun 2010 12:22 am
Mike C

Will do!

Yes mate, will do. I'll hopefully be able to wave at you from behind the helm of the Disco soon! Thanks again, Mike.

Post #65986813th Jun 2010 9:18 am
Mike C

Update!!

She's all fixed! As recommended, I did recontact Gordon Lambs at Chesterfield that did the MOT work under warranty and they took a look at it and said they'd rectify anything they may have caused FOC.

A later call from the service manager revealed that it wasn't anything to do with the work carried out by them but a failure of the both front height sensors. The work was carried out by them along with replacing the front connectors all for around £150.

I picked the car up and it had been valeted (nice touch) and it has been spot on since. Happy with this dealer, seem a nice bunch.

Mike

Post #66580828th Jun 2010 9:37 pm
pete57

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I had the same scare. My Disco 3 is just 4 weeks out of warranty and I have been looking at warranties to find the best one, thinking nothing will go wrong in a rush as I have had three years with very few problems. But then out of the blue the suspension light comes on. I ran it for a few days whilst trying to contact 10forcash and it ran at normal height only. Then it decided to drop. I limpted into Stratones at Nottingham. The diagnostic report said 60amp fuse blown compressor seized! Anyway after they quoting me £600 to repair it I did moan that it was only a few weeks out of warranty and asked what they could do. They contacted Land Rover and they made a 'goodwill gesture' and the bill was £230. Good result I thought!
Iain if you read this I don't need a price...sorted!
 D3 Buckingham Blue SE Auto
BMW 325i Convertible
Fiesta 1.4 Zetec
Fiesta1.4TDCi 

Post #6677023rd Jul 2010 8:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bambi

England 

Rac do a warranty now bout 120 for a year 2k limit 5 claims per year. up to 100k miles

Post #6677253rd Jul 2010 9:56 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >