My tip of the week
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
My tip of the week

Polish your wheels.

I get an awful lot of brake dust, especially on the front wheels, which needs lots of expensive alloy wheel cleaner to remove. After the last wash (week ago), I used Autoglym Super Resin polish on all 4 wheels. They were cleaned first with Hot Wheels alloy cleaner.

Washed it again last night, and the brake dust just fell off! Easy!

Post #443310th Jun 2005 7:09 pm
FamilyMan

Hi Gareth, ooops, forgot my Tip of the Week. How did the suspension levelling one work out for you...any joy?

You might like to try two products called Wonder Wheels and Wonder Shine, you can get them from Halfords. After washing use Wonder Wheels, it's very quick, just use the brush included to cover everythings and wait a few minutes before washing off. This stuff removes all the burnt on brake dust particularly in the creases and bolt holes. Then wax the wheels with the Wonder Shine resin. This alone does a great job when you next wash it but for the longest result brush on the Wonder Shine laquer, wait for it to go hazy then buff up. I did the whole car about six weeks ago and the water is still beading off the paintwork and wheels....even the bugs wash off easy now. It's abit scary putting the laquer stuff on, you think it's going to look a mess but when you buff it up it's really is an amazing shine....for once the name actually fits the result.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #446811th Jun 2005 11:17 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hi there, car goes in for 1st service on Tuesday, Suspension recalibration is on the list. Dealer says it is not a big job.

I have used most of the wheel cleaners in the past, and they all do work, but I find that repeated use, with much scrubbing will eventually dull the laquer on the wheels. Polishing helps to reduce the amount of scrubbing required.

Post #447011th Jun 2005 11:24 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >