Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

bit of a back week for the disco.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BarryG

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
bit of a back week for the disco.

This week has been a right pain in Disco land.

I was parked in a car park waiting to meet a client , sitting there minding my own business. this Guy in a red golf parks up beside me and gets out , nothing wrong here
but then his rear passenger decided to get out and wallops his door right in the side of myd Disco. I could hardly bare to get out but true enough red paint down the the side of my java black door , bad enough as the scrapes were you want to see the dent , I can only describe it as it looks like someone drove a golf ball in to .

To give the guy his fair due , I received in the post this morning a bank draft
for the value of the repair after forwarding him on the estimate for repair from my local dealer. My disco is going in on Tuesday for filler and paint or what ever they do to fix these things I just hope they do a good Job.

Any ways the main reason for my post , I came home this evening and decide to give here a bit of a wash and wax, while doing the back door I notice that the door handle plastic (not the handle its self but the small plastic end bit) was a bit loose
on closer inspecion I noticed the one of the plastic clips was missing (broken off) from the unit. I decided to check the other side of the jeep and to my horror I found that this moulding was in worse condition and actually broke off in my hand.

Has any one else had problems with these mouldings , the disco is only seven weeks old now. Should the dealer replace these under warranty ? As mentioned I'll be with the dealer on Tuesday and I just want to see if any else has had this happen to then .

Have a look at
http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayima...amp;pos=10

Cheers again guys
Barry

Post #675941st Jul 2006 12:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jamo

Australia 

Yeah, go back to the dealer and get them to fix it under warranty.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #675991st Jul 2006 3:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I think the dealer fits these at PDI, so they probably didnt do them right. I've seen new discos in my dealers car park without these 'trims' (if thats what you'd call them) anyway.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #676031st Jul 2006 10:24 am
BarryG

Got the Disco back from the Dealer today , (I was really starting to miss her...strange this as I have never missed a jeep before when it was getting work done... is this love...? )

Repairs to body work are perfect , you would never know that the door had been repaired. and painted. Razz

With regard to the plastic door handle bits .... this was very funny .. I showed them to the dealer on the morning I brought the Disco in for repair

Under close inspection (we removed both mouldings) and noticed that they had been "superglued" , yes you heard correctly , superglue....

Questioning why the worlds best 4x4 was held together by superglue....
There were a few red faces.. Someone obviously made a mistake and tried to cover it up with good old superglue..

I didn't push the issue , these things happen ,my dealer replaced the units with new ones and every thing is fine now .

When I was leaving they informed me that I needed to bring her back again for a software update. Asking what this was for , I was told that it was an enhancement
and something to do with the air suspension. The disco is going back in next Wednesday for the upgrade.

Can and one tell me what will this enhancement , enhance. ?

Cheers guys.
Barry

Post #689437th Jul 2006 2:57 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Read this thread for further info Barry

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic4840.html
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #689447th Jul 2006 3:03 pm
BarryG

Cheers dickgriff.

Thanks for the link .

Barry

Post #689977th Jul 2006 7:51 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Confused
Am I dreaming or has this thread been tailed?
If so, I hope there was a forum hug..
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #6950310th Jul 2006 1:46 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

It did get a bit nasty (even by my low standards) but I'm sure all will be well.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #6951410th Jul 2006 3:14 pm
tucker_j

England 

dickgriff wrote:
It did get a bit nasty (even by my low standards) but I'm sure all will be well.

Don't count on it ! Evil or Very Mad

Post #6952910th Jul 2006 6:00 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Come on guys, this is not the place for arguments. We all know that some people apply "Jeep" to all 4x4s, much like the word "truck" - see Doctor Who last Saturday for details Wink

Some people get miffed by this, others don't mind. It's one of those differences that makes the world an interesting place.

Having said that, please don't argue about it here, this isn't the place for it and it's not necessary. We're all here as D3 owners (well, except me...) to share information and experiences, and to have a good time on top of it all 8)

And, if you think having a Land Rover called a Jeep is bad, someone once called my 90 a Daihatsu Thud Big Cry

Post #6953010th Jul 2006 6:18 pm
catweasel

Martin wrote:
We're all here as D3 owners (well, except me...)

and me Big Cry Big Cry

Post #6957711th Jul 2006 8:21 am
BarryG

tucker_j wrote:
dickgriff wrote:

Don't count on it ! Evil or Very Mad

8) ......

Post #6960711th Jul 2006 10:38 am
BarryG

Just back "On topic" to this post.

The Disco went in today for the software upgrade, She was gone for most of the day
and to honest when I got here back I didnt notice any difference . In saying this
perhaps I havent had her long enough to notice any problems, indeed
Im glad I dont have any differecnce as she seemed perfert before the upgrade
anyways.

HAPPY DAYS AGAIN IN DISCO LAND. Laughing

Post #7006412th Jul 2006 11:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >