DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Navigation system functionality
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
svein

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Navigation system functionality

Hello,

The Nav system in my Disco3 does not quite work as descibed in the manual I have downloaded from the Land Rover site. When I enter a destination it calculates the route and display it. Voice instruction tells me to go to start and follow route displayed. From there I do not get any further instructions untill voice message say that you have reached your destination. In user menu I have selected that I want "Guidance Screen" and "Motorway Information", but the only instruction I get is to follow the route that is marked with a green line on the map. The car was first registered 1. September 2004 so I suspect the software is quite old. Is this related to the Map database DVD or the software version of the Nav system? Will a software upgrade of the car also include Nav system upgrade? The local dealer does not seem to know a lot about software version and how it works. They only insert the CD and follow the menu, but does not know what happens from there.

Regards
Svein

Post #42457th Jun 2005 10:29 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Sounds like you have the voice guidance switched off.

Post #42517th Jun 2005 1:17 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

This is not how mine operates. If I have the voice guidance ON, then I get voice guidance for the start, and for each stage of the route, and 'she' tells me when I have arrived at my destination. With the guidance OFF, there is no voice except for TMC alerts.

I am not aware of any setting for part time voice guidance, so it would possibly seem you have an out of date system. September is very early, as the car was not released to us until November 04. Is yours a pre-production?

Post #42627th Jun 2005 5:13 pm
svein

I guess it may be close to pre-production. The chassis number is 000358 so if that indicates number of cars built then it is early. It was owned by Land Rover Deutchland GmbH before I got my hands on it. From the service log I can see that several upgrades have been made the first couple of months. To me it looks like all options on the navigation is present on menues but does not work. I hope it will be software related so that an upgrade may fix it. Still it would be nice to know if navigation system is integrated in general software release or if it have to be done separate. Nice car anyway!

Post #42717th Jun 2005 6:38 pm
pers1

Hey Svein
The LR dealers in Norway has seed 9 of the software and soon they will have version 10.
Were in Norway do u live. I`m in Asker so we could meet up and I can give u some pointers if u`d like

PerS

Post #42777th Jun 2005 8:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
discocam

England 

hello svein, i know it may sound silly but have you got your sound system volume turned up and not low. Idea sometimes i hear nothing but as soon as i turn my volume up its all ok.. Rolling Eyes
 disco1 and disco3 who could ask for more?
ONE LIFE LIVE IT 

Post #42797th Jun 2005 9:50 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

so anyone know when v10 is out and what it fixes / improves ?

-s

Post #42857th Jun 2005 10:17 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Use voice recognition and tell it to: "NAVIGATION VOICE GUIDANCE ON" or "STYRINGEN STEMME SOM KAN LEDES GUIDANCE OPP PÃ…" or whatever you say...or make sure that the voice guidance is activated using the touchscreen.

If it is off, it tells you that guidance will start when you join the route and that you should refer to the map - or at least that is what it says in English.

Post #42867th Jun 2005 10:18 pm
gasdoc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

As well as turning the voice on and off you can also set the volume offset - relative to the sound system volume. If you click and hold the tone control button for five seconds you get to the menu that controls guidance and traffic information volume offset as well as speed sensitive volume gain.

Post #42928th Jun 2005 4:18 am
svein

Hello, and thanks for all good advice.
I think the voice works since I get the instructions at beginning and end of trip. During the trip there is no instructions on screen or by voice. The car is going into service later this month to fix another small problem, so I guess it will not hurt to ask for a software upgrade at the same time.
Pers, I am also in Asker so it could be nice to meet and see how your nav system works just to compare. I send you a direct mail.
Svein

Post #43018th Jun 2005 9:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >