Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Help! - fitting LR OEM Mudflaps!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ecosse

Help! - fitting LR OEM Mudflaps!

Have just received mudflaps from TLO Very Happy - front set looks easy to install as they are fixed by 3 existing screws which are removed & refitted through the mudflap supports. However, with the rear ones Rolling Eyes , there is a top screw in the wheel arch and one below the mouldings, both come out & it is logical how they are used to fix the mudflaps.... but, the second screw within the wheel arch does not exist, there is a hole & LR supply a blue mounting clip/fixing for that screw to go into.

Seems simple , but on the instructions there is also a L shaped metal bracket to be bolted somewhere (just for the rear mudflaps not the front ones) and I can't work out where/how that goes (or indeed if it is needed for the D4 - perhaps it is D3 specific?)

Anyone fitted the mudflaps & able to assist?

Thanks

Post #63415610th Apr 2010 11:21 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

The bracket goes up inside the rear wing.

Lie underneath and look up with a torch and you will see the hole for the blue plastic plug. Another plug goes in end of bracket. Put plug end of bracket against the hole in the wheel arch and the other end against the plug you fitted into the inner wing. Short screw into inner wing plug - long screw through mudflap into plug on bracket.

Only once you have done this does the diagram make any sense!
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #63415710th Apr 2010 11:26 am
chopdogs

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Blimey - was just looking on the forum as I was having exactly the same problem!

Thanks - for the info - the "instructions" are not exactly briliant..........

Several hours later.................job done - but it's really tricky stuff....

My advice would be to loosely attach all the screws before tightening any of them up - makes life a lot easier
 14 Disco 4 HSE  
Post #63418110th Apr 2010 1:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

Thanks Navigator - daylight failing so will work on it tomorrow! Is it best to remove each wheel while fitting the mudflaps?

Thanks.

Post #63429610th Apr 2010 7:31 pm
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I didn't need to remove wheels, or even raise suspension. I used a 1/4drive socket set with appropriate bits. It is quite tight and may not be as easy with larger tyres.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #63437010th Apr 2010 10:32 pm
StephenO

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I got my front ones done today, I found by just turning the steering wheel on each side gave me more room to access but the back is a different story, wheels may need to come off to get them done.

I agree the instructions are crap!

StephenO

Post #63438210th Apr 2010 11:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

Success with both front & rear - at front turning the wheels full lock helps; rear setting suspension to off-road gave more space, but need both a stubby screwdriver & a small ratchet drive with poxi-drive head, the clue was to look up from below the car & in particular to look behind the wheelarch not between the tyre & wheelarch for the location of the L-shaped bracket.
Thanks Very Happy

Post #63454211th Apr 2010 6:02 pm
Nigel McBurney

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

hi Front mud flaps easy to fit but be careful,do not overtighten the self tapping screws ,the plastic clip or bung in the bodywork strips easily.the rear was a pig,I found that the steel brackets were marked left and right,they fitted a lot easier when I put the left hand bracket on the right hand side and the rh bkt on the lhs

Post #63499112th Apr 2010 6:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >