Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Am I right in thinking re ipod
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SuperMan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Am I right in thinking re ipod

that it plugs in via a jack socket in rear so it won't charge the ipod and that you can't use the MFSW control or that the song titles do not come up on the screen.??

Surely this can't be right.

If I am right do dension do anything or any ice installers got a way round it.

Post #6447817th Jun 2006 9:07 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

They didn't make the aux input socket soley for the ipod ........................if you do a search you will find some work arounds using the Belkin adapter.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #6448017th Jun 2006 9:19 pm
TN-LR3

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

my hardmon kardmon drive and play charges the ipod, and you can control it with samll controller, it plugs into the aux input and takes power from the stereo
 05 LR3 SEV8HD-warn 9.5xp,LR lights,LR rack,LR a-frame bar,cooper stt 275/65/r18,masterpull 3/8 winchline, xm radio
05 RR WESTMINSTER- 1 out of 300 

Post #6448117th Jun 2006 9:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SuperMan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

TN-LR3 wrote:
my hardmon kardmon drive and play charges the ipod, and you can control it with samll controller, it plugs into the aux input and takes power from the stereo

seen that on the web so is it just a straight plug and play.

Post #6448217th Jun 2006 9:56 pm
gilmore

England 

Don't plug the ipod headphone output into the Disco 3 Aux input - it works but sounds pants.
Instead use the standard ipod docking stand thingy and plug that into the Aux socket, using standard male-male socket cable. The docking station outputs a "line" level output of superior quality and volume than the normal ipod audio output.
regs
rob
 All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and are not necessarily those of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Land Rover Defender V8, 50th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes ML350CDI
HM Moto CRE300X
Honda CRF250X
1974 Honda CB750K4
1975 Honda CB750K5
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes) 

Post #6453618th Jun 2006 12:30 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Re: Am I right in thinking re ipod

Birdie wrote:
that it plugs in via a jack socket in rear so it won't charge the ipod and that you can't use the MFSW control or that the song titles do not come up on the screen.??

Surely this can't be right.

If I am right do dension do anything or any ice installers got a way round it.

Hi Birdie - I there's currently not way to fully integrate the iPod with the D3's audio system Sad

The only input into the D3 system at the moment is the AUX input. This can either be connected directly to the iPod (ideally to the line out from an iPod dock or Belkin car charger) or hooked up to the output from the HK Drive+Play.

The Drive+Play gives you another screen with the titles on and a control wheel to change tracks etc, so this isn't anywhere near fully integrated either Rolling Eyes

Dension have the IceLink Gateway 500 coming out soon which may or may not support the fibre-optic system used on the D3. More info at http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway500.php

Post #6453718th Jun 2006 12:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TN-LR3

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Birdie wrote:
TN-LR3 wrote:

seen that on the web so is it just a straight plug and play.

depends on how clean you want the instal to be. but you do plug the brain of the drive and play into aux input. I just got this so i can drive and chnage songs without taking away to much attention from the road
 05 LR3 SEV8HD-warn 9.5xp,LR lights,LR rack,LR a-frame bar,cooper stt 275/65/r18,masterpull 3/8 winchline, xm radio
05 RR WESTMINSTER- 1 out of 300 

Post #6460118th Jun 2006 7:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >