Timed Preheater, does it work?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 
Timed Preheater, does it work?

I'm getting confused! Confused

I occasionally see references o the preheater setting, especially re software upgrade. I thought the timed preheater was something that was set up in early D3s but never worked, or only with the radio on, then for a max of 45 mins till the radio switched off. I've got no preheater menu on my D3 (April 06 build). Is this a feature that kind of works if you have not had your software updated, otherwise you have lost it? Does anyone know if it will be in the new "reassurance program" or is it history?

Derek

Post #6301410th Jun 2006 9:23 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Its consigned to history. As far as I know, you can have all the latest software for everything and still not have the 06 instrument pack software which deletes the option.

I have still got the option, and it works if I leave the radio on. Used it a few times last winter when I remembered. I was more likely to use it when sat in the car at services doing some work. Great way of keeping warm without running the engine for hours. I personally don't want to lose it, even though it is not working correctly. The original argument that got quite heated - pun intended, was that some owners demanded that LR fix the problem and update the cars on the basis that LR had sold something that did not work.

In the end, it was not possible, and it has been forgotten now.

I was told in writing from LR that the 09 model year may have it. They told me it was a mistake to have the option in the menu in the first place, it was never intended to be there. Some dealers used it as a selling point, and the owners understandibly got upset.

Post #6301810th Jun 2006 12:38 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Thanks, thought it was dead, but just wanted to check. It would have been useful for trips to N Scotland in mid winter that I'll be doing. Never mind.

Derek

Post #6301910th Jun 2006 1:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >