Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Nokia 6280
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 
Nokia 6280

Have any fellow D3 owners got a Nokia 6280 telephone and if so, does it work with the PTI system in your Disco (assuming you have it fitted of course!).

I'm thinking of upgrading my Sony Ericsson S700i cos the bluetooth connection to my PTI is very dodgy and I was wondering if the Nokia was any better. Not too bothered about the cradle option - especially as LR want a small fortune for them - robbing b Censored ds
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #629079th Jun 2006 1:41 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

6230i works well on BT, still waiting to get cradle patch. Wife uses 6310i, old & basic but great phone, great battery life & good BT connection.

Post #629149th Jun 2006 2:37 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Got a 6230i in the end and it works great on BT. Just got a cradle from Yeovil off ebay for the 6230i but although the phone charges when inserted in the cradle, the car doesn't know it's there - just says No Phone Fitted!

Must admit, the ad on ebay did say that older cars may require a software upgrade but as mine is a 2006 model (albeit collected last September!!!) thought it would be OK. Is that the 'patch' you are waiting for DSL? Do you know if it's available yet?

The car is in the dealers tomorrow to have the passenger door lock seen to (won't unlock) so if patch is now available, will ask to have it applied!
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #6515221st Jun 2006 8:21 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

you need the infotainment patch, if your dealer is nice then they should know about the correct patch and do it for free, mine did and the 6230i I have works 100% now. Very Happy
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #6516221st Jun 2006 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

I shall certainly ask them about the patch when I go in tomorrow and see if I can get them to do it for me. Many thanks for the info

Post #6516521st Jun 2006 9:04 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Took car in today to Rossleigh in Stockton to have door lock seen to and asked them to do infotainment patch. They said they would. They rang later to say they had done the whole enhancement thing to my car. I asked if this included the infotainment patch and they said yes but it doesn't cos phone still does not work in the cradle.

As my door latch needs replacing, and they don't have a new one in stock, will have to ask them again to do the patch when I take it in to have the latch replaced.

Post #6557122nd Jun 2006 1:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >