Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Help on Fuel Tank problems and loss of power and steering
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Lady

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Help on Fuel Tank problems and loss of power and steering

How do I get help / advice on dealing with the dealership/LR on safety issues withe Disco.

Car purchased new in Jan 06. So far have had engine fail twice with no fuel getting through, were very lucky and not in fast lane of M4 but on slip road.

Also have now had the Steering fail twice in the last week.

Any advice appreciated, can we get the garage/LR to replace vehicle as do not feel safe driving it anymore.

Have had four lucky escapes so far but luck may run out soon. :cry:

Post #625727th Jun 2006 3:38 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Hello Lady and welcome to the site.

What did your dealership have to say about these issues?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #625867th Jun 2006 4:42 pm
Pelyma

England 

Is your car purchased with finance, if so it is the finance company that you need to deal with. If you paid for it outright or buy a personal loan then it is the dealer you need to speak to. Under the Sale of Goods Act they need to be given a chance to remedy the situation, but there is the ability to reject a car that you have lost faith in. In my experience it is usually done by giving you a good deal on a new one, rather than rejecting it. If the car is rejected then a deduction is made for the mileage you have done in it. Speak to trading standards for the legal proceedure they are very helpful. If you have a good dealer then keep things pleasant and negotiate in a pleasant manner it will get you further!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #625937th Jun 2006 5:46 pm
leigh

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Lady, My car has been at the dealers for the last three weeks as the engine was cutting out, totally. This has happened to me twice before. They have eventally traced the fault to an EGR unit.(Exhaust Gas Recycling unit), they are current waiting for replacement parts. They have two other cars at the dealer with the same fault.

I have not had any failure of the steering system.

My suggestion would be to phone Landrover Assistance and tell them that the car is broken down. They will send an engineer out who will
1. not have a clue what to look for and arrange to take it to a local dealer or
2. look for the fault, not find it and tell you it is ok. At this point you refuse to drive it on the grounds of health and safety and he should recover the car to the dealer.

The problem you may encounter is if the fault is not presant whilst they carry out their diagnosics, they obvisiously will not find anything. I would ask them to keep the vehicle until the problem is resolved / remedied as you do not feel safe to drive it.

Pls let us know how you get on.
 Standing on the shoulders of Giants.

Java Black HSE, Side steps, privicy glass, tow bar and roof bars. 

Post #626057th Jun 2006 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I'm sorry but it makes me very frustrated with Land Rover when I read stories like this Twisted Evil It should be much better.

Please Lady, write to Land Rover Customer Services, copied to your dealer, and your finance co. if you have it, and complain bitterly Let them know exactly how you have been inconvienienced and put at risk by the failures, and that nothing short of a guaranteed repair or replacement of the vehicle will do.

You must give them chance to fix it, but it sounds like they already might have had that chance.

The D3 is a fabulous car, and you should be ecstatic with ownership by now, but you are disappointed and afraid of the car. You don't pay over £30k for that. You are not specific about your location or dealer, maybe you should be?

Post #626107th Jun 2006 9:24 pm
Lady

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Loss of Power and Steering in TD6

Thanks Guys,

Have written to Landrover customer service who say it is for the dealer to take up with them as our contract is with dealer and their's with LR.

Are working on replacement new vehicle, however long waiting time to get what we want but may need to settle for wrong spec / colour to resolve quickly.

Also we now have to fork out even more money to make up the difference of a six month old car.

Bummer!

Will follow up with trading standards, good tip.

Post #6508520th Jun 2006 8:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >