Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Locking and unlocking problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
danny671792

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Locking and unlocking problems

Hi can anyone help me please, I have had problems with my keyless entry and have narrowed it down to it stops working when the car is driven in the rain, the keyfob was working when i left home yesterday and drove through heavy rain when i got to my destination the fob would not work, I know its not keys as one is new and neither of them work when this happens? :

Post #58834323rd Jan 2010 4:32 pm
MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
A possible fix

Hi
If you have a sunroof check to make sure the drainage channels are clear, as if at any time thay have blocked the water that gathers in the tube comes into the car just above the peddals and it flows down to a series of connectors in the drivers footwell and causes a short, there are a few plugs here so they all need to be cleaned and checked I hope this maybe solves your problem so just in case it might be worth a look check under the carpet and behind the kick panel on the drivers side
cheers

Post #58834423rd Jan 2010 4:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
danny671792

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

id have a problem with the sunroof when i first got it, it rained the day i bought it home and it had to go straight back to the garage, so you could be right just everything inside seems to be dry, but I suppose it could be getting damp underneath the carpet or kick plate so i will have a look, thanks

Post #58837823rd Jan 2010 5:51 pm
Andy_RS2113

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

i never knew keyless entry existed on 2005 D3s..... Question
 Peter, are you drunk? No, I'm just exhaused cos I've been up all night drinking...  
Post #58973125th Jan 2010 4:49 pm
MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
locking

Hi
Every one loves a smart Censored eh
it dosent matter whether you have keyless entry or not the car either opens or it dosnt whether you have a keyless entry or you have to press the button, both units need to get a signal from some where ie it recieves a signal from the remote fob or it senses that the RFID chip is near gets the right code and opens the car.

I posted on this problem as I had CDL problems before I went through with buying the D3 I have now . The LR garage had advised me there was an intermittent problem with the CDL as water had got into the car via the blocked sunroof tubes and had trickled down the wiring into the plugs and into the footwell where it had made a nice little pool. It cost them £2500 to replace the loom under LR warranty to solve the problem, but I dont know how long the water was in there what I did find though was that they still hadnt unblocked the drain holes when i checked they were still full of crud , so if I hadnt done this It would have happened again this time the repair would have come out of my pocket
cheers

Post #58984225th Jan 2010 7:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >