simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yes.

Same chassis and electronics pack

Post #5871016th May 2006 8:31 pm
el_terrible_uk

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
TURBOCHIP

Does anyone know which patches are in the Turbochip upgrade?

Post #5876217th May 2006 7:58 am
SN

Re: TURBOCHIP

el_terrible_uk wrote:
Confused Shocked Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5878017th May 2006 11:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well my great dealer strikes again.
Wrong seatbelt ordered so another trip required. Evil or Very Mad
An hour and a half to find that out.
Asked to be updated to WDS13 up to patch 5, especially the HVAC part.
At the end asked if the updates were done.

"we did the HVAC update"

What about the rest?

"there are lots of them, to go through and find the ones for your car would take hours and then it would be hours again to upload the applicable ones"
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Biting my lip very hard at this point.

Car is now booked in again on Saturday for the correct seatbelt and I shall be having words with the service manager then.

Can anyone give me an approx time that is takes for the full lot of upgrades to WDS 13 patch 5 considering my car was built on 20/01/06?

They did say that they are going to a meeting on the 24th for the launch of the dvd based upgrades and that they expect to get it a few weeks after that.
They expect the whole process to be easier and more streamlined for your actual car with a full set of downloads only taking 2.5 hours Rolling Eyes

BTW HVAC works better, just in time for summer Rolling Eyes
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #5879817th May 2006 1:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Cliff H wrote:

What about the rest?

"there are lots of them, to go through and find the ones for your car would take hours and then it would be hours again to upload the applicable ones"
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Biting my lip very hard at this point.

Utter male soft dangly bits!

One of the aspects of WDS system, added as an update some time ago, was the ability to check the various module software version numbers in one place - using the Vehicle Configuration/Module Information section and then conducting a Network Integrity Test.

At a single hit they should then get a readout of all the software versions loaded onto the vehicle. This was added to help technicians speed up the updating process by allowing them to check versions so that they didn't update modules that already had the most recent software levels.

Post #5881517th May 2006 2:10 pm
SN

Winger wrote:

At a single hit they should then get a readout of all the software versions loaded onto the vehicle.
This would be nice to have as a printout wouldn't it - especially the after position Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5882217th May 2006 2:42 pm
Cliff H

Thanks Winger, thought it was something like that.
There was no point me going off on one by that stage as I had been there over 2 hours already and needed to get back to work.

I shall plan my argument carefully for my visit mk2 re the seatbelt on Saturday (only a 40 mile roundtrip) Twisted Evil

Has anyone had the upgrades recently so I can add an approx time to my argument, also if anyone just had the HVAC one on its own could you let me know how long that took.

Cheers
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #5883117th May 2006 3:12 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

If you look on Land Rover GTR at the various tech bulletins, the job time is displayed. I think most software flashes are given 20minutes. Except the Infotainment upgrade which is a long time.

Post #5883417th May 2006 3:29 pm
Tim in Scotland

Scotland 

Cliff mine was in the dealer a month ago because I got 4 lots of "Engine System Fault" alarms in one 30 mile trip and they did one ECU upgrade then which made a big difference to not just the economy but the smoothness and quietness of the engine (it is now even quieter than it was before and I'm getting 4-5mpg better consumption too) were improved. I just hope the latest patch doesn't set the engine back any!
 Now a disillusioned new Land Rover buyer and have jumped ship to something less expensive and more reliable that hugs trees.... now driving a Mini Countryman PHEV as well as my trusty and brilliant 1996 Epsom Green Defender90 Tdi300  
Post #5883817th May 2006 3:46 pm
Cliff H

You may already have the latest patches by the sound of it Tim.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #5885217th May 2006 5:02 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: TURBOCHIP

el_terrible_uk wrote:

The latest ones that they can get from LR... usually the same as your local dealer.

From what Chris has said, they integrate the latest LR software into their upgrades. So depends on when you get your TC job done as to what LR software you get.

-s

Post #5892017th May 2006 10:51 pm
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Winger wrote:
Tell him you'd like everything up to and including WDS13 Patch5, and that you are concerned about the software levels on the vehicle and would like to take advantage of the Reassurance Campaign.

yes thats all very well but how do you the customer no that this patch has been loaded.I mean they can tell you what they b Censored y well like. Mad
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #5900118th May 2006 1:27 pm
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mines in for a criuse control fault on the 25th this month also have the steering knock and have asked them to load the latest patch my stealer says they have patch 4 lets see what happens. Wink

can anyone add to this as I would like patch 5
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #5900318th May 2006 1:40 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Gazavich wrote:
yes thats all very well but how do you the customer no that this patch has been loaded.I mean they can tell you what they b Censored y well like. Mad

True, but that is down to trusting the dealer. But ask them for a printed report for the T4 output.

I'd suggest that if you are in doubt that they have done what you ask, you take it to another dealer and ask them to confirm the software level on the relevant ECU, and to tell you if this is the latest version, or not. Armed with that information, you could then retrace your steps to the first dealer and have some extremely good sport.

Post #5903218th May 2006 3:27 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Gazavich wrote:
Mines in for a criuse control fault on the 25th this month also have the steering knock and have asked them to load the latest patch my stealer says they have patch 4 lets see what happens. Wink

can anyone add to this as I would like patch 5

WDS 13.4 will cover everything you need. I do not recall there being any software updates that deal with Cruise Control - that sounds like it might by physical. Steering knock is another issue altogether.

Post #5903318th May 2006 3:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >