DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

PTI System & ignition live
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 
PTI System & ignition live

Is there any way to set the PTI phone system (2006 D3HSE) to shut down when the ignition is switched off? I found myself connected via the car when I was at the back of a local PC World & the car was in the car park. Also I've had the car grab a call when I've walked out of the house, all I could do is cut off the call and redial. This is very annoying to put it mildly, the best the sales rep at the dealer could suggest was manually disconnect BT every time I leave the car.

Any thoughts?

Derek

PS my local dealer's technical boffin thinks he now has the right patch for using the 6230i and cradle 3 together properly rather than just as a very expensive charger. I'll advise if it works or not. Fingers crossed.

Post #5752711th May 2006 12:10 pm
djheaton321

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It does work. Had mine downloaded a couple of weeks ago. Also means that you have to connect bluetooth manually if you don't want to put the phone in the cradle. Before the software was downloaded it connected on bluetooth automatically. Sounds like it will stop your problem, experienced the same thing a couple of times and it can be annoying!
 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
Defender 90 XS - now with a Webasto FBH that works! 

Post #5757911th May 2006 7:26 pm
eddtheduck

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Does this seem right?

I am on the cusp of getting the cradle and the updated 6230i software installed but my dealer (Marshalls in Cambridge) reckon installing the software and pairing the phone takes 90 min and they plan to charge me at full rates for the privilege. They do however say it works really well with the phone.

If this is fair I'll pay but no-one else on the forum seems to have mentioned this level of cost.

Currently tempted to take my business elsewhere or use Bluetooth that works perfectly.
 2008.5 D3 HSE, Stornoway, Ebony
2007 BMW 335iSE - lust for speed satisfied 

Post #5758111th May 2006 7:33 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

At the moment just waiting to see if it will actually work, then will haggle over price. To be charged for upgrading the software is a bit rich considering the phone "authorised" for the cradle in not obtainable except on ebay. If it is too much I'll just stick with BT connection but full integration would be very useful. Hopefully it can cure the BT connection staying live when I'm not in the car.

Post #5759011th May 2006 8:29 pm
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

DSLaidLaw wrote:
Hopefully it can cure the BT connection staying live when I'm not in the car.

Does your handset not give you the option of accepting the call locally? My S700i asks 'Retrieve Call in Handset'?

Post #5763311th May 2006 10:20 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Not that I've seen in the 6230i menus & I've been through them pretty thoroughly.

Post #5769312th May 2006 7:28 am
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Mine does this a lot Sharon will go out to the car and as soon as she unlocks the car the phone connects, on a 6230i which is what I have as soon as you hyave answered in the left corner is a loudspeaker option press this twice and it comes back to normal handset.

Post #5770212th May 2006 8:41 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

djheaton321 wrote:
It does work. Had mine downloaded a couple of weeks ago. Also means that you have to connect bluetooth manually if you don't want to put the phone in the cradle. Before the software was downloaded it connected on bluetooth automatically. Sounds like it will stop your problem, experienced the same thing a couple of times and it can be annoying!

it should still connect BT automatically and then switch to cradled-mode when in the cradle, my 6230i does this after having the infotainment s/w upgraded.

Malc
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #5770512th May 2006 8:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

Will try that scorpio, means at least I don't have to redial.

Derek

Post #5774312th May 2006 11:32 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 
Re: PTI System & ignition live

DSL wrote:
Is there any way to set the PTI phone system (2006 D3HSE) to shut down when the ignition is switched off? I found myself connected via the car when I was at the back of a local PC World & the car was in the car park. Also I've had the car grab a call when I've walked out of the house, all I could do is cut off the call and redial. This is very annoying to put it mildly, the best the sales rep at the dealer could suggest was manually disconnect BT every time I leave the car.

Any thoughts?

I had this issue but I found it was my phone that was not returning to handset mode when leaving the motor - not a fault of the PTI.

Most bluetooth systems only have a range of approx. 30ft so it is unlikely that the PTI would hold onto your phone much beyond that and once it's out of range PTI is not in control of it. See if your phone has any icons on the screen that represent 'headset' mode - if so then check if it remains on after you are 40-50ft away from the motor. If yes then you may need to reset your phone in some way.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5779312th May 2006 2:39 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Tx, will have a try. Will also try dialling a number that will not answer and get my wife to take the phone & walk away from the car to see when the ringing in the car stops.

Derek

Post #5786512th May 2006 5:12 pm
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I wrote:
My S700i asks 'Retrieve Call in Handset'?

P.S. This only happens when you're making or receiving a call.

Post #5791713th May 2006 12:25 am
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Just a thought but if you on the phone go to :settings >enhancements>handsfree and turn ingnition detector on it should discconect when you turn the ignition off and remove the key I know mine does.

Post #5797113th May 2006 12:26 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Ignition detaector is already at on, no difference. From the help text on the phone that is prob for a fixed kit to shut the phone down when ignition is switched off. From a phone kit engineer a while ago, that is meant to stop the phone being live in a petrol station but most people have it bypassed.

Post #5797313th May 2006 12:34 pm
Roddy

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I just picked up my new D3 S today which has Voice and phone fitted. I have a 6230i and my dealer says it won't work in a cradle, so I'm stuck with BT. I would be keen to buy and use a cradle. Can any of you confirm that it is possible to use the 6230i snd if so which cradle / software is required.

Whilst I'm on the subject, the Voice for the phone in BT mode works great, but I'm unable to control the audio, my man only recognises Phone commands?
 Discovery 3 'S' Bonatti Grey.  
Post #5935520th May 2006 11:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >