DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Fuel consumption much improved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Fuel consumption much improved

My car is averaging 24.8 mpg in the 1000 miles since it was in the dealers for the tailgate strut fix. Whilst they had it they also loaded wds patch 2 to the engine ecu. It was averaging 22 before.

It is much smoother at low revs, and does not falter when its cold anymore.

It could just be the warmer weather, but I feel the engine seems to be a smoother, and works with the auto box much better than before.

Post #565745th May 2006 9:51 pm
SN

I'll check which one GS put on mine tomorrow morning when I pick it up and report back if I'm seeing the same - the faltering in the cold was one I was seeing previously, especially while pulling up off my ski-jump sloped drive first thing in the morning
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #565765th May 2006 9:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yes, thats the one! they should load it, it does not take long.

I think the warmer weather contributes too. If I remember correctly, I was getting 24 last summer, but the current average is after a busy week travelling around the back lanes of Somerset, with a full load of equipment, as well as a couple of high speed blasts on the motorway.

Post #565795th May 2006 10:00 pm
Vectis

England 

I had a software upgrade about 400 miles ago and the first thing I noticed when I got home was that the mpg was showing 29.7, a figure I had never got close to before on the Isle of Wight, since then I have been driving the car less economically than I was but the mpg is still higher than it was previously and the car seems a lot smoother, apart from the fact that my alarm has started going off on its own for no reason.

Post #565865th May 2006 10:45 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Alarms going off!

This happened to me on my Volvo, it was a spider who had taken up residence, he came out at night, span a new web, and set the alarm off Laughing

Post #565925th May 2006 11:03 pm
SN

qzdcg8 wrote:
I'll check which one GS put on mine tomorrow morning when I pick it up and report back if I'm seeing the same - the faltering in the cold was one I was seeing previously, especially while pulling up off my ski-jump sloped drive first thing in the morning

Got it back this morning. When I ask him which patches were applied, according to the service manager they've applied patches 13/1, 2, 3 and 4 Confused

However what I have notice already (after 15 miles averaging 20mph) is that:

a) MPG is higher than I expected at 24mpg (not much but at 20mph?)
b) The Climate Control is working a treat
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #566556th May 2006 1:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >