Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Windscreen leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Windscreen leak

My 2 week old HSE went back to the dealer last Thursday for investigation into a water leak, which I thought was coming from the sunroof. It turns out that the problem was a leaking windscreen, at the top, right in the centre, due to a faulty spot weld where the roof panel joins the windscreen frame. This had caused a depression, meaning that the screen bonding was unable to seal the joint properly. Apparently, the factory have asked the dealer for pictures of the problem weld, so that they can check the production line for similar faults. Now waiting for a new screen to arrive, and for the job to be done. In the meantime, I have been loaned a manual 'S' in Maya Gold, the same age as mine. At least this gives me the chance to try out the manual box, and I used it for a 400 mile journey on Saturday! Good service from the dealer, but very frustrating as I have not yet had the chance to get to know my own car properly. Anyone else heard of this problem?

Post #33469th May 2005 8:31 pm
DiscoMad

Hi Stingray

Take a look here;

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showt...amp;t=1715

Post #33479th May 2005 8:58 pm
Stingray

Thanks DiscoMad,

Those leak problems all seem to be in a different place to mine, but at least they are having success in curing them. I'll keep you posted with the outcome of mine.

Post #33519th May 2005 9:25 pm
Stingray

Now got the car back after a week at the dealers. New windscreen fitted & apparently OK, but when testing, they found that water was getting into the passenger side front footwell, so had to hang on to the car to fix it. It turned out to be a wrongly routed sunroof drain pipe, exiting into the footwell! Now waiting for it to rain to give it a test.

Post #351417th May 2005 6:40 pm
Swifty

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Folks,

I've got this leak from the top middle left of the windscreen - you can see the watermarks on the inside of the screen.

This seems like a fairly old thread - anyone had any more experience or got any more advice before I trot it back to the dealer?

Cheers

Rich

Post #11900411th Jan 2007 11:38 pm
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Leaks

I would take a serious look at that sunroof alledged "pinch drain" issues. I had that problem, also, the water ran down the right piller, corrupting the connections for pillar airbag right front. The dealer alledged to have corrected this problem, however I did experience this one time after. Telltale signs of this were (depending on severity) water dripping from overhead light (front of light buttons, and general area) water dripping out of right front piller and left front piller side air bags, wet floor left or right side....

hope this helps, hope LR starts checking their production line, it seems to be a problem very common....

t

Post #12034316th Jan 2007 8:58 pm
Swifty

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Hi T,

DOn't have a sunroof - so thats rules out those asciated problems. I have had the water pool on the passenger footwell, but had that fixed last time in with a new n/s door seal and it seems to be ok now.

THere is no residual water I can see anywhere - just the marks it leaves on the inside of the windscreen!

Its booked in for a couple of days next week so lets eee what the come up with...!

Thanks

Rich

Post #12089817th Jan 2007 9:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >