Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Finding +12V feeds for hardwired phone, camera detector etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Finding +12V feeds for hardwired phone, camera detector etc

I get my new TDV6 auto HSE in a few days time. One of the first things I want to do is to hardwire in a phone charger and my speed camera detector. I need both a switchable and permanent +12V feed. Does anyone know the best place to take these from?
Is it easy to take apart the trim? Any pointers will be greatfully received. I hate touching trim and panels in modern cars - no old fashioned screws to remove!!
I'm also going to fit a phone cradle for my SE P910i so I can use it via the bluetooth PDI. Anyone used the Dashmount at http://www.dashmount.co.uk/sept04/71044.htm or the http://www.brodit.com/ ProClip mount?
 Matt  
Post #5384518th Apr 2006 5:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TonyH

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have a look at my gallery, images of phone mount from avrmobiles with nokia cradle & phone. The mount is installed without drilling and looks really good in real leather finish. I also have my two safety camera detectors installed. The GPS Snooper is wired into the accessory socket but there is a Snooper SN5 just out of the picture which is permanently hard wired to the ignition circuit and mounted on the top of the dash on the right of the steering wheel.

The whole installation was done by removing the grey trim around the radio, which can be pulled off quite easily. There are other postings that clearly demonstrate how to go about it but it readily pops off.

Hope this helps
 *Disco3 7-seat Auto
March 2006
Zermatt silver
*Disco TD5 GS Manual
Epson Green
108,000 miles without a single problem
*Disco TD200 Manual
Bonatti Grey
55,000 trouble-free miles
*Various company cars, no comparison 

Post #5384618th Apr 2006 6:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Where the feeds easy enough to find?
 Matt  
Post #5384818th Apr 2006 6:07 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I've got a dashmount bracket (well a cheap copy for a tenner from ebay but it's exactly the same) with a clamp type phone holder fitted to it. Takes about a minute to fit and works very well. For charging I just use a standard in-car charger plugged into the 12v socket to the left of the ashtray
 The End  
Post #5385018th Apr 2006 6:15 pm
TonyH

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

There were no problems in finding feeds for the phone, SN5 and the VDO Dayton Satnav. However, the job was by an auto electrician for a very modest price. I just didn't want to get it wrong and risk invalidating my warranty. However, I did watch the job being carried out and apart from the complex Satnav refit, (removed from my previous Disco) the rest looked straightforward.

I forgot to mention that I also have a phone bluetooth controller, which was also easily connected up. My gallery images, see bottom right of radio.
 *Disco3 7-seat Auto
March 2006
Zermatt silver
*Disco TD5 GS Manual
Epson Green
108,000 miles without a single problem
*Disco TD200 Manual
Bonatti Grey
55,000 trouble-free miles
*Various company cars, no comparison 

Post #5385218th Apr 2006 6:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >