DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Rosen ? Flip down DVD player for the kids
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
parrot

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Rosen ? Flip down DVD player for the kids

Hi,

am thinking of getting a roof mount (Rosen ?) flip down DVD player for my D3.

Has anyone had one fitted ?, How much did it cost ? Question

Any recommendations for someone to fit in Bristol Area ?

Cheers

Post #5299705th Oct 2009 5:14 pm
jkp

Scotland 

I fitted the A7 not that long ago (pics in gallery). I got it from Car Audio Centre for about £200 all in. Fitting is very straight forward. Thumbs Up

Post #5300295th Oct 2009 6:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
swarburton

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Rosen DVD Players

The Rosen DVD player originally specified by Land Rover for the Disco3 was a Rosen A9 (Part YIP500280), this was later replaced by the improved and larger screened Rosen G10 (Part YIP500350). These have now been deleted, and are not available in the UK. Nevertheless YIP500350 (as Part LR006868, that includes the roof mounting cowl) is available in the USA, however with DVD Region 1. This is not a problem in itself, as it is possible to make the equipment multi region using a hack that is available on this site. However you will need to pay customs duty if imported normally, which is quite expensive. You will also need an installation kit (part VUB503851 (available in the UK)), which includes a wiring loom and a mounting bracket that fixes to already installed fixing point situated above the centre courtesy light unit. Installation is fairly straightforward and the equipment comes with full installation instructions - I have fitted this equipment to a 2006MY and then a 2009MY vehicle without difficulty. The differences between the A9 and the G10 is; a 9 inch instead of a 10 inch screen, and the G10 has a higher definition picture and includes games (but not great games). I do have an original Land Rover Rosen A9 complete unit, which includes the DVD player, mounting cowl, wiring loom, mounting bracket, wireless head phones, remote control and instructions. The screen itself has been used briefly and worked well, but the other parts are unused. If you are interested in buying this, then please let me know, alteratively you can try www.rovercity.com.

Post #53553216th Oct 2009 8:27 pm
mike23118

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hi, Long shot I know but do you still have the rosen A9?
 Now Renault Trafic
D4 gone
D3 gone 

Post #73285817th Dec 2010 7:45 am
mike23118

My rosen A9 has bit the dust Big Cry Does anyone know where to it repaired around the n/west area.
or anyone got a9 or a10 to sell ?
Thumbs Up
 Now Renault Trafic
D4 gone
D3 gone 

Post #73285917th Dec 2010 7:51 am
swarburton

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I do still have the A9 unit. Please send me a private message with contact details if you are interested. I do not have enough posts apparently to send private messages.

Post #73335718th Dec 2010 7:25 am
THFC

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

swarburton wrote:
I do still have the A9 unit. Please send me a private message with contact details if you are interested. I do not have enough posts apparently to send private messages.

If Mikes not interested still, let me know cos i might have it off you Thumbs Up

THFC
 PRIDE OF NORTH LONDON
AUDERE-EST-FACERE 

Post #73340318th Dec 2010 11:44 am
mike23118

oops
 Now Renault Trafic
D4 gone
D3 gone 

Post #73344718th Dec 2010 1:42 pm
dazsear

England 
Re: Rosen DVD Players

swarburton wrote:
The Rosen DVD player originally specified by Land Rover for the Disco3 was a Rosen A9 (Part YIP500280), this was later replaced by the improved and larger screened Rosen G10 (Part YIP500350). These have now been deleted, and are not available in the UK. Nevertheless YIP500350 (as Part LR006868, that includes the roof mounting cowl) is available in the USA, however with DVD Region 1. This is not a problem in itself, as it is possible to make the equipment multi region using a hack that is available on this site. However you will need to pay customs duty if imported normally, which is quite expensive. You will also need an installation kit (part VUB503851 (available in the UK)), which includes a wiring loom and a mounting bracket that fixes to already installed fixing point situated above the centre courtesy light unit. Installation is fairly straightforward and the equipment comes with full installation instructions - I have fitted this equipment to a 2006MY and then a 2009MY vehicle without difficulty. The differences between the A9 and the G10 is; a 9 inch instead of a 10 inch screen, and the G10 has a higher definition picture and includes games (but not great games). I do have an original Land Rover Rosen A9 complete unit, which includes the DVD player, mounting cowl, wiring loom, mounting bracket, wireless head phones, remote control and instructions. The screen itself has been used briefly and worked well, but the other parts are unused. If you are interested in buying this, then please let me know, alteratively you can try www.rovercity.com.

Any idea if the above fitting kit would work with the Z series units that are now for sale on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROSEN-Z10-/190495275...2c5a673a52

Daz

Post #75432230th Jan 2011 7:54 pm
Kiwi

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Roof Mount DVD or Headrest DVD

I just purchased an 05 disco 3 and now on the lookout to keep the kids happy in the back. can anyone recommend best option for roof mount as i understand their is a larger unit available although it obstructs the rear view mirror, also looking at headrest option but not sure they will the same as the original fitment so want to ensure whatever i get still fits as the std headrests.
any advice, costings and recommendations for providers greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Darin

Post #76364818th Feb 2011 10:46 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

iPads, can't be beaten, plus they have so many more uses than a dormant screen in your car when it is left Wink

I can supply full fitting instructions for iPads in rear if required Wink

Post #76364918th Feb 2011 10:49 pm
dazsear

England 

I have just fitted the Rosen Z10......£480 from a local store.
I had to fabricate a mounting bracket to bolt it to the roof support bar but am more than happy with the end result.

Have a look in my gallery for some pictures mate.

Daz
 17 4.4 Autobiography FFRR
57 VW Transporter - now gone!
09 D3 HSE in Black - long gone!
08 RRS TDV8 HST - long long gone! 

Post #76376619th Feb 2011 7:06 am
newtodisco3

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3

Help! I have just bought a Disco 3 and cannot get my DVD rosen player to play with sound. I have put the speakers to AUX and also tried the jack in the doors but to no avail. Really frustrating. Any ideas anyone?

Post #90828412th Mar 2012 12:43 pm
pcregeen

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I have replied elsewhere, but just in case you miss it. Turn head unit to AUX. Then i think its second button in from top right on the DVD unit and this changes sound from headphones to car headunit and therefore car speakers

Pete

Post #90833112th Mar 2012 2:32 pm
gabyawad

United States 
Re: Rosen DVD Players

swarburton wrote:

I couldn't find the post to make my Rosen G10 region-free. Would you be kind enough to send me a link?

Post #93450623rd May 2012 11:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >