Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

My mirror has fallen off!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Piero

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
My mirror has fallen off!!!

After replacing the Turbo in the first week of ownership my car has been good as gold for 3000 miles. But driving up the road today the interior rear view mirror decided to come off!!! The only reason it didn't end up on my lap is that my car has all the rain and light sensors in the mirror block so it was still held on by the wires!! Shocked

Me being me decided to investigate - I found that the metal block the mirror clamps onto had actually come unbonded from the windscreen! Everyone at work is loving it now, they say it's because I left the car in the sun all morning and as mine is a UK 991 spec they are attached with paper glue and not the super glue found on Rest of world spec cars!! Anyway pretty shocking really, considering this is an "All terrain" vehicle tested in extreme conditions worldwide. I have never been off road or even a dirt path! Maybe the extreme terrain of the M25 and A3 have caused it to come loose!! I have never even adjusted the mirror since owning the car as noone else drives it!

Anyway guys, don't play with your mirrors too much as they might come off! Booked into Guy Salmon next week to be "re-bonded" Very Happy Very Happy
 2006 TDV6 SE
Buckingham Blue/Alpaca
Privacy Glass
Adaptive Xenons
19 Inch Alloys 

Post #524847th Apr 2006 10:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >