Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Yet another suspension problem! 2008 LR3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
4puf

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 Base 7 Seat Auto Alaska WhiteLR3
Yet another suspension problem! 2008 LR3

I've read every possible thread about suspension failure but couldn't find any with the exact same symptoms as mine.

Bought my LR3 used a couple of years ago and everything works well.

The other day I've got for the first time the "suspension fault - normal height only" message so I did some online reading and checked a few things.

This is what happens now
car in garage, start the engine, 3 seconds later I hear the compressor starting, 2 seconds later "bong!" and the above message comes up.
At that point suspensions are locked. Up until yesterday the vehicle height was ok because I guess the air reservoir still had some pressure in it but now the truck sits a little lower and doesn't go to normal height any longer.

I checked the fuses in the engine compartment and I also swapped the relay with the windshield heater as suggested by other people. same problem.

Then I opened the compressor compartment to look for anything unusual. All looks pretty clean and in good condition. I think the compressor was already replaced by the original owner because the top bracket screw was missing and the compressor is unusually clean.

Since my original guess for the fault was a faulty temperature sensor I decided to remove the compressor and measured both temperature sensors, They seems fine (1.4Mohm and it goes lower as I heat it up) Put it back on and also added the missing screw on the bracket.

Next I checked for any visible damage with the height sensors, nothing out of the ordinary, no wires cut or worn out.

I read about a connector on the passenger side that may get corroded but I am not sure I am looking at the correct one, is on top of the front right headlight - this also looks perfectly fine.

yesterday I left the battery cables disconnected overnight hoping for some magic reset but no improvement there.

At this point I think my only option is to take it to the local LR shop to get the error codes but I'd rather invest $195 in something else instead. Smile

Any other suggestion? Something I might have missed?

Thanks

Post #131509823rd Jul 2014 7:12 pm
StornowayStu

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

If you were in Austin TX I would read your fault codes for free with that rather nice piece of kit from Colin at BBS - Nanocom Evolution...

Joking aside, that sounds like a two hour labor charge just to read fault codes ? I would be tempted to tell them to Foxtrot Oscar...

Post #131512523rd Jul 2014 8:20 pm
4puf

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 Base 7 Seat Auto Alaska WhiteLR3

I invested $165 for the RSW SW and a WiFi OBDII adapter.

Well, I cleared the error codes and I did a good cleanup of the compressor dryer.
Then I ordered one of those compressor repair kit JPO500010

put all together, started the engine and the fault was gone!

So I think it was the dryer that was clogged.
Unfortunately I still got another error but this time related to the compressor taking too long to charge the system... went down there and I noticed an air leak near the dryer... Big Cry

Now I am in the process of fixing that... will see how it goes.

Post #132699819th Aug 2014 7:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >