Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

New Software downloads nokia 6230i
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
grommet

United States 

The dealer can obviously apply the patch... but LR will not pay them for work. (I assume because the 6230i was never advertised as supported with the Nokia cradle. It's not "warranty" work.) So, it seems it's up to your dealer if they want to charge you for the labor/time to apply it to your vehicle.

Post #5367216th Apr 2006 8:53 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Slightly off the Discovery topic but does anyone in the know, know if this patch applies to the Range Rover with pti (not the sport but the original range rover - a 2005 model) as one of my clients has one and he has the problem with it not working with the 6230i. If you have a patch reference number that would help - the dealer is not being helpful!

Post #563684th May 2006 8:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zebadee

Ireland 
Compliments djheaton321

Sorry guys on hi-jacking this thread & going OT.

But I just have to compliment "djheaton321" on your avatar.

Coolest I've ever seen............. 8)

Post #563944th May 2006 1:08 pm
djheaton321

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Wink
 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
Defender 90 XS - now with a Webasto FBH that works! 

Post #564004th May 2006 2:12 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
LR have some cheek with PTI firmware!!

My Nokia 6230 has bit the dust and the only replacement is a 6230i, but I need the PTI software upgraded. However my dealer informs me that this firmware upgrade will cost me £120 what a cheek. Evil or Very Mad

This is my 3rd D3, which is less than 6 months old, and apart from recently undergoing its "enhancement" which has resulted in numerous "low coolant and transmission fault" warnings, which is why it's in my dealers to resolve, little else is wrong except that the PTI software has not been upgraded as part of the enhancement. Twisted Evil why not!!!

I am astounded that all other firmwarms seem to be upgraded under warranty with the exclusion of the PTI system, which LR insists I pay for. I will be contacting LR support tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind, and will contemplate "not fit for use".

My car is less than 6 months old and I've paid additional for the PTI, which appeases recent government legislation such we have phones ala hands-free. Idea Shame all the motor manufacturers cant decide on a standard fitting and appropriate unit, that just then requires a cradle, and maintain the firmware between them and the phone manufacturers. It can't be that difficult can it?

Post #8027823rd Aug 2006 6:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I paid €50 for min (approx £35). It takes over an hour to do (really), so that's probably why.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #8028123rd Aug 2006 7:00 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

2nd hand 6230 an option? loads on fleabay at <£50 ??
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #8030723rd Aug 2006 10:21 pm
JustinL

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Interesting!

My car is about three weeks old and I doubled checked that it would have the software upgrade before I picked it up as I use a 6230i (about to be discontinued by Nokia by the way) and wanted the additional features gained by using it in the cradle.

Obviously the car did have the new software, however this has not totally solved the problems. Mad

Although the system works well with the phone in the cradle, when you remove it at the end of the journey it either locks up, crashes or starts asking if you want to use it in data storage mode. The only way to cure this is to turn it off and wait fro a while.......

Not a major issue, but does get annoying after a while.

Seems as though a 6230 might be a better option if you have got to pay to have the upgrade......

Post #8032124th Aug 2006 7:07 am
Ken

I'd check your phone has the correct version, as this happened on mine got Nokia to update it and it works a treat. It does turn off for about 5 seconds when I take it out of the cradle thou then comes back on without the Nokia start up process (the handshake bit)

Post #8032324th Aug 2006 7:30 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Justin,

I have software version 03.50 on mine, works very well in and out of the cradle
only getting a bit confused if you unlock the car from too far away ie out of BT range. A local Nokia service centre should upgrade yours if needs be, normally for free.
*#0000# key sequence will show what's on yours currently.

Mal
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #8032824th Aug 2006 8:12 am
JustinL

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Aha! mine has only got version 03.30 so an upgrade is required!

Good info thank you.

Post #8032924th Aug 2006 8:28 am
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

I picked up with D3 today from the dealers, who I cannot praise highly enough, and after contacting LR customer care this morning all re-rectifications are complete, including the PTI firmware upgrade.

I have to say a special thanks to LR customer care, a guy called Nick, who was especially curtious who I just couldn't rant and rave at, although primed ready to do so. I was firm, but fair after all they said they'd see what they could do, and only a short time afterwards rang me back to say that I could have the firmware upgrade for free since my D3 was only 6 months old.

The gist of my inital mail still holds, in that LR really should be maintining the firmware to support multiple phones etc... and need to undertake this from on high, ala ford et al so that the costs to support would be insignificant, but at least they were very accommodating and I was very impressed.

Three cheers for LR customer care!!! Very Happy may it be long lived in all dealing with them are resonable and so charitable.

Post #8040824th Aug 2006 5:26 pm
steveho

United Kingdom 

Sturge,

Ask your dealer to configure your phone module as an 'existing module'-it should the same as 3s and sports-we have done them

The dealers testbook/ids macine should be fully 'patched'and there should be no problem

Just one thing- as has been previously said to be fully compatible your phones software needs also to be of the correct level

Post #8078726th Aug 2006 6:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >