Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Electronic Park Brake Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Blade

Electronic Park Brake Fault

Since picking up my Disco3 it has spent a lot of time back at the garage for many different things. The latest of which occurred about 4 weeks ago.

I was travelling home on the motorway and I started to feel a vibration through the steering wheel. I took my foot off the accelerator and as the vehicle slowed down it started to shake severely, I thought I had a bad puncture and the tyre was about to come off. Luckily I was close to a motorway service so I managed to stop there. I got out of my vehicle only to be horrified by thick black smoke pouring out from the rear right wheel and the disk was glowing red. I ran to the services and bought 4 litres of water and quickly poured it over the wheel and brake. If I had not of been able to stop at the services my Discovery would now be a burnt out wreck!!

After my vehicle was recovered and taken once again back to the garage, both rear disks and drum brakes were replace. Apparently the park brake had been rubbing, but as yet I don’t know why this happened and whether it will happen again. Now I am travelling around with two big bottles of water in the boot and I’m nervous every time I have to go on the motorway in case that it happens again and I cannot find anywhere to stop.

I spoke to one of my Dads friends who works at a LR garage and he told me a similar tale when he was driving one of the garages Disco 3. Apparently there is a problem with the electronic park brake which Ford have known about for some time and they are trying to find a solution.

I don’t know if you have come across this fault before but I would be interested if you have.

I have sent yet another letter to the MD at Landrover but as yet have had no reply to this latest incident.

Post #289327th Apr 2005 9:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >