Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

2006 TDV6 HSE - Factory Telephone - turns radio on!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mudplugger

England 
2006 TDV6 HSE - Factory Telephone - turns radio on!!

I'm into just the 6th day of Discovery ownership, despite having lurked in the shadows here for a few months...

My nice shiny new 2006 Discovery has a Factory PTI kit fitted into which I plug a SIM free Nokia 6230 - software version 5.50. I don't use bluetooth to connect, just the cradle.

It all works beautifully, even reproducing the phone's selected ring tone though the speakers... except that when you want to make a call and you press the phone button, it turns the radio on!! Confused

More correctly it turns the audio unit on, since if before you switched the audio off, you had been listening to CD's then on selecting the 'phone - you'll hear the CD start from where it left off...

The only work arounds I've found so far are to:

1. Switch the audio unit to AUX - so no sound whilst you decide what number to dial etc.. (Though this is a bit of a bu**er if you use AUX for your iPOD)
2. Turn the Audio unit volume down to zero (0) each time you turn it off. The phone volumes are unaffected by doing this, and when you press the 'phone button - you can get silence whilst you try and remember who you wanted to call...

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Cheers

Muddy.

P.S.
With over 760 miles in 5 days - I'm very happy with the vehicle so far. Does exactly what it says on the tin... and I love the air suspension - fantastic for all our roads round here that have been beaten up by spud tractors for years. The B4348 is pure pot holes and patchwork. I get to keep my fillings now!! Smile
 From a two Land Rover household to one big FFRR...

Range Rover Vogue TDV8
Shogun SWB 4Work
Steyr M9094 Tractor

(Still a D3 fan though!) 

Post #4668510th Mar 2006 12:39 am
John O

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Muddy,

Same happens to me - although I am using bluetooth at present rather than the PTI. Only noticed it today as I usually have the radio on (at that price, why would anyone ever switch any of the toys off?).

I ought to get a phone that works with the PTI I suppose.

Cheers,

John

Post #4683510th Mar 2006 8:20 pm
mudplugger

England 

Yes - I only noticed it after a 3 hr trip - and had turned the CD off for a bit of peace and quiet... skimming along the M50 in relative tranquility realised that with the new sat nav toy I could let the other half have a semi-accurate ETA,,, and hit the phone button - and the CD started up....!!!

Odd way of doing things since the Jaguar system just turns on the phone features under the same conditions - surely the same Ford/PAG engineering, or is Gaydon that independent still?

Hmmm...

Am still hopeful that LR will do a software fix that sloves this..
anyone else have the same issue or comments?

Muddy
 From a two Land Rover household to one big FFRR...

Range Rover Vogue TDV8
Shogun SWB 4Work
Steyr M9094 Tractor

(Still a D3 fan though!) 

Post #4692711th Mar 2006 3:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >