Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Black Perth moving to SA....hmm.. "Java Adelaide"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BlackPerth2

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Black Perth moving to SA....hmm.. "Java Adelaide"

Well, I'm on the move "back home" gents so will look forward to meeting all the SA D3 owners in due course - sad farewell to sunny Perth Crying or Very sad but returning to the grape growing centre of the universe Laughing after 15 years "way out West". Now I have to put up with Adelaide Jeep Club - brother has a heavily modded Commander so i'll be dragged along to all their trips. Should get used to towing it out of trouble I guess..... Razz
 2006 SE TDV6 with G4 Options ("A" Bar, Driving lights, expedition rack, ladder; fr & r light guards, side steps, G4 logos) door moulds; plus Long Ranger 115L sub-tank; OL rear wheel carrier; OL rear drawer system; Kenwood / Garmin Satellite Nav/bluetooth/iPod/rear camera/DVD); LR roof mounted DVD; GME 3440 UHF; Tyre Dog tyre monitoring system; Optima Yellow second battery and Traxide dual battery management system; Mitchell Bro's tow hitch;  
Post #45758622nd Apr 2009 10:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
garryc

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Black Perth moving to SA....hmm.. "Java Adelaide&a

Unnecessary quote removed

You must come and join the Range Rover Club of SA Very Happy Or catchup with the unofficial D3 club which gets together occasionally with D3's from SA, NSW, VIC and QLD. 8)
 2013 D4, E-diff, Vision pack

Never propose to a Yak 

Post #45759522nd Apr 2009 10:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WayneD

Location: Sydney Darwin ,Singapore, USA, UK and now country NSW

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

You would certainly be welcome to join us on our next outing when ever that is, maybe the caves to caves that Caver and Jonesy just did a recce on (when it gets warmer)
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #45760822nd Apr 2009 11:12 am
Martin Krutli

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Black Perth

Hi Black Perth - well didn't manage to catch up with you when we travelleed to WA last year, so hope we can be more successful now.

As for the heavily modded Jeep Commander - that would almost give it 50% of the capability of a standard Disco I would imagine.

Cheers, and welcome to the land of good red wine.

Update; - it's actually raining here. Looks like we'll have the first rain to speak of sinc last year.

Martin
 MY08 TDV6 SE. White/Alpaca. BFG265/65/18 At's
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.
Rasta Plate. 110L LRA long-range fuel tank. 

Post #45806523rd Apr 2009 1:11 pm
WayneD

Location: Sydney Darwin ,Singapore, USA, UK and now country NSW

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Garry, Maybe you could take him on your Grampians trip in May. Would love to do that one myself, but someone has to keep the economy going!!!
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #45806823rd Apr 2009 1:37 pm
BlackPerth2

Gents, back here in SA now so let me know if you have any day trips planned! Car will stay on WA plates for a while so if you a see a black Disco3 with mods driving around Adelaide, on WA plates, - it will be me! Wink
cheers
 2006 SE TDV6 with G4 Options ("A" Bar, Driving lights, expedition rack, ladder; fr & r light guards, side steps, G4 logos) door moulds; plus Long Ranger 115L sub-tank; OL rear wheel carrier; OL rear drawer system; Kenwood / Garmin Satellite Nav/bluetooth/iPod/rear camera/DVD); LR roof mounted DVD; GME 3440 UHF; Tyre Dog tyre monitoring system; Optima Yellow second battery and Traxide dual battery management system; Mitchell Bro's tow hitch;  
Post #48219316th Jun 2009 3:47 am
DingMark

Iraq 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Chris,

Hope you have more opportunity to prove you can drive as far up sand dunes as my 21 yr old daughter did last Sunday (but maybe on your first attempt next time) Whistle Whistle

In fairness it was a delightful day and I hope you enjoyed the last of the winter sunshine in Perth + comaraderie as much as I did.
 Jim Dowell - D4 HSE TDi, 12,000 hydraulic winch & hidden winch mount, MTRs, TyreDog, Traxide 2 x aux battery system, fixed air compressor, Dolium roof rack, MitchHitch.
RIP 2005 D3 HSE V8 5 seater gold (stolen and torched) 

Post #48219716th Jun 2009 6:39 am
BlackPerth2

Oh, I see, give a man a V8 and low tyre pressures and this is what we get, on line teasing! Evil or Very Mad

I'm going with the "a gentleman always lets the lady win" line.... Laughing

Cant wait to see what the Adelaide Hills have to offer - hope its up to the standard of the Powerline Track! Although the long range fuel tank capacity is depleting every time I go out (one BIG dent during that ambitious assault up the hill) - even with the shortened rods!!!

Last edited by BlackPerth2 on 16th Jun 2009 7:13 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #48219816th Jun 2009 6:45 am
DingMark

Iraq 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Always the gentleman. Ladies first is a prudent policy. Yes I hope to enjoy the V8 roar somewhere around Adelaide with you in the future. Cheers.
 Jim Dowell - D4 HSE TDi, 12,000 hydraulic winch & hidden winch mount, MTRs, TyreDog, Traxide 2 x aux battery system, fixed air compressor, Dolium roof rack, MitchHitch.
RIP 2005 D3 HSE V8 5 seater gold (stolen and torched) 

Post #48220316th Jun 2009 7:05 am
rmp

Australia 

I've never seen a Commander heavily modified. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I saw a Commander at all. Got a photo?
 --
Robert
Life is better in low range 

Post #48224316th Jun 2009 9:47 am
BlackPerth2

Try Adelaide Jeep Club website - I think www.adelaidejeepclub.com. .., lots of photos of it there on trips. Best thing is probably the Quadrtrak 4WD systrem which is next best thing to LR's. And I note the 2010 Jeep has a new system almost same as Terrain response.
Post #48228216th Jun 2009 11:14 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

BlackPerth2 wrote:
r - hope its up to the standard of the Powerline Track! Although the long range fuel tank capacity is depleting every time I go out (one BIG dent during that ambitious assault up the hill) - even with the shortened rods!!!

That's not a dent Chris, that's a badge of honour Mr. Green After all, you got up that hill where Mike's Defender failed, even with his rear locker on.

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #48271917th Jun 2009 1:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >