DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

My car booked in for some work.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
My car booked in for some work.

A few jobs to do, but the park brake is the most urgent, keeps refusing to release and I have to restart to release it. Makes a very loud squeal when applied! Scared a few people over the weekend I'll tell you Wink

Other jobs are,

1. Drivers seat has a gap at the rear of the squab, and is rocking around and creaking when I accelerate/ decelerate.

2. HEVAC update

3. Engine idles roughly when cold.

Post #459196th Mar 2006 3:56 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Discovery 3/LR3 - Seat Cushion to Backrest Gap TSB LA501-015
"Vehicles with 8-way adjustable electric driver's seat Vin range: 5A300167-5A338331"
"A customer may report a concern of an excessive gap developing between the seat base cushion and the seat back backrest.

Cause: Under certain heavy load conditions to the front of the seat cushion, the front tilt bracket may pivot causing a gap to appear at the cushion/backrest line.
Action: Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin"

Seems to imply you're a fat Censored or have a higher than usual density - your choice Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #459256th Mar 2006 4:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Cheers 10, so long as they fix it, I don't really care. Cheers for the bulletin contents. Could you also let me have the hevac bulletin? All helps, although the dealer did seem to know all about it.

Post #459406th Mar 2006 5:21 pm
SN

10forcash wrote:

Seems to imply you're a fat Censored or have a higher than usual density - your choice Laughing Laughing Laughing
Low height to weight ratio is another PC way of specifying this one... Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #459536th Mar 2006 6:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Gareth, have a look here, PM me your email if you want further detail Wink

Post #459586th Mar 2006 7:02 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Got the car back today. Very pleased with Guy Salmon (see dealer feedback).

They have transformed the seat! The seat was creaking and rocking around, and there was a gap between the base and the backrest that made the frame visible. They have replaced the seat base frame with a new one. It feels much more comfortable, I did not realise how bad it had got. No creaks, no movement.

The HEVAC update is good, now get warm all over, and the temp is set to 22, not 26 degrees.

Engine rough at cold idle, no fault apparent, but ECU reflashed with WDS.

Park Brake - no fault evident ( Shocked ) even though it made the noise, as a demonstration when I dropped it off. They stripped, cleaned and adjusted the system. It seems OK, although it would have been nice for them to have found a specific fault. I will keep an eye on this one.

Post #466069th Mar 2006 5:33 pm
thirdtimelucky

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

My dealer immediately offered to replace brake shoes when I told them about the squeak - there is a waiting list for them tho' because it is such a common problem. I assume they are telling me the true story and this will work?! I do recall something about certain vin numbers qualifying for this.
Mine is one of the oldies.

The rear PDC also has an intermittent fault and they have ordered a new unit for this too as it is another known fault.

Found the old thread on this in general section - squeaky brakes, but I expect you know that.

Perhaps my dealers are pretty good after all!

Post #4675810th Mar 2006 2:01 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

They said mine showed no signs of broken clips or detached shoes. Just full of crud.

Already had the PDC done, and its a good fix, although it still waits a second before coming on. Better than not coming on until you hit the wall Wink

Heater upgrade is well worth it! I can't believe how big a difference it has made.

Post #4676310th Mar 2006 2:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >