Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

PDC querks!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
BN

England 

Ecosse, glad someone else has the problem, because I think you all will. Get to the dealers now and point it out. Don't let them brow beat you with rubbish, as some appear to try to do. This is a LR admitted defect to me anyway, also see page 212 of your manual. If you have a trailer take it with you and go across their demo run. When it demolishes the rear of your trailer, ask them to explain why it allowed you over in the first place because the wiring should have stopped the vehicle rise and you could not have engaged 'rock crawl', then claim for a new trailer. It is more likely to effect the boat towers amongst us, especially when recovering the boat from water without a slipway, such as at Hayling Island for instance or on the side of a loch. Secondly the lights for fog on the rear, as Gareth found and I have, make it virtually impossible to drive with a trailer attached at night or in fog when they need to be used. Do not take your car to Germany, Holland or Austria where it is law to use the lights in less than 50 metres of visibility. I think these are now certified defects that should warrant a recall and correction with immediate effect, because the lights in certain countries will break the law. In the UK they could be classed as illegal if you hae a crash and say that the lights dazzled you. Maybe Ecosse could help on the Road Traffic Act, Vehicle Construction and Use Regs and Vehicle Lighting Regs legality.

Post #279925th Apr 2005 8:03 am
BN

England 
Suspension Height

I did not receive a call back from LR Evil or Very Mad (but what did I expect) about the mod for the suspension height problem when towing, so I called into my old LR mechanic. He does things the proper way with a hammer, chisel and certainly no plastic seat covers. After a few grumps about the D3 not being a proper Landy, he took out the rear n/s plastic panel and nearly disappeared inside the trim. A few seconds later and a cut hand he emerged saying 'that fix the b***** thing. Started up the car, connected a trailer and it asked me if I wanted to manually select height. SOLVED Very Happy It was a lose fuse or wire near the fuse. Cost an hours work, a cut hand, a grease patch on the rear carpet and some abuse, but it is done. Whats more he is getting the new software at the end of the week to be able to correct what LR cannot.

Add on, about to enter this post and I receive a call from LR at the same time. Embarassed They have apologised for the delay and when I told them it had been fixed offered to pay. There is progress guys. Smile They are also looking into the intensity light wiring for me now. Razz

Post #288227th Apr 2005 4:12 pm
Ecosse

BN - if only LR would take that sort of customer orientated approach for more of the issues, the loyalty they would generate would be amazing Very Happy

Would you be able to have a word with whoever at LR has actually got to grips with that issue, and see if they can get authority to carry out an overview of the issues that members here have and for them to perhaps liase directly with members to get things on an even-keel. There are only a limited number of issues and none are impossible to resolve.

If only they would realise that all that their customers (who have paid premium prices for the Disco3) want is a sensible level of service & response from LR The simple action of allocating a specific CS Rep to any owner with an issue & giving them authority to come to a satisfactory solution with the customer is all that is required Wink

Post #288327th Apr 2005 5:14 pm
BN

England 

Ecosse, I am working on that angle.

Post #288527th Apr 2005 6:07 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Ecosse,

That was put very well and I agree that if LR really cared for their customers, they would take heed and undertake in the manner that you suggest. It wouldn't put that out too much, since after all most of us have siimilar or exactly the same foibles/issues that could be easily resolved.

LF/Ford need to understand more about customer care, and that way their actions will promote them better than the vehcles themselves could do Smile

Post #288627th Apr 2005 6:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >