Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Fitting a rear view camera to show on the Sat Nav Screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rsp

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Fitting a rear view camera to show on the Sat Nav Screen

I am looking at getting a rea view camera fitted and would like to have it show on the Sat Nav screen. I am told that a wiring diagram of the system would help. Anyone been into this before? Question
 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE, Auto, White, Rear Diff Lock. ARB BB, Traxide DBS, GME TX3540S, Safari Snorkel, IIDTool-BT, Doran TPMS, Rijidij Spare Wheel Carrier, Two side by side Drifta drawers, cargo barrier and drop down fridge slide, ARB 47l Fridge, Yokohama A/Ts and out of date 17" Cooper STTs.  
Post #455584th Mar 2006 6:33 am
grommet

United States 

I'm sure there are threads on this. In summary, the core system could possibly support it directly. (There is a video input.) But I have not yet found a way to activate the function in the core system. (Basically, I want it to work like the 2006 Range Rover.) Nav-TV is rumored to be working on a solution.

A typical aftermarket trick is to bypass the video display input wiring... but due to it's integrated design, this is not easily possible on Land Rover vehicles. So, for now... having a separate rear view screen either standalone or embedded on the rear view mirror might be the only option. Sad

Post #455634th Mar 2006 10:28 am
Engin

Turkey 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Try the "[Download] Woodman's Video on Sat Nav Screen Mod" thread in this (Maintenance & Modifications) forum. It has a very helpful pdf file that explains the process.

Post #456264th Mar 2006 8:31 pm
rsp

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Thanks for the response

Thanks Grommett and Engin. I will check out the video. Certainly a stand-alone system is the other option. It is a bit surprising that this facility, even as an accessory, is not offered. I might go back to the dealer and see if they have a supplier (at huge expense, so doubt) that can integrate with the Sat Nav.
 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE, Auto, White, Rear Diff Lock. ARB BB, Traxide DBS, GME TX3540S, Safari Snorkel, IIDTool-BT, Doran TPMS, Rijidij Spare Wheel Carrier, Two side by side Drifta drawers, cargo barrier and drop down fridge slide, ARB 47l Fridge, Yokohama A/Ts and out of date 17" Cooper STTs.  
Post #456675th Mar 2006 12:15 am
grommet

United States 

Engin, that really only covers a bit of the wiring... it isn't very useful, since you can only access the video in test/diag mode. If you buy the current expensive Nav-TV video input hack, you can select one input... but it doesn't turn on the auto rear camera function that the core system should support.

Post #456735th Mar 2006 2:03 am
Engin

Turkey 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Correct! I have not tried it personally yet, but it sounds like a tedious process of using hard keys, pushing an invisible button on screen and entering a code, etc. etc. However, it still seems to be the only option right now that offers multiple inputs e.g. front & rear cams and DVD.

Post #458326th Mar 2006 9:33 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >