DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Are rear side windows heated?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

10forcash wrote:
Think that's sat TV, not terrestrial - could be wrong though Confused

Did you find yourself accidently on the LR Web site too? The dish would be a mighty install? Seen a few auto sat dishes and they look.. well like this...

http://www.kvh.com/Products/product.asp?id=79
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #449811st Mar 2006 12:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Shocked Shocked Shocked Thud
That's gotta be a windup... the sat receiver i'm thinking of is mounted in the phone aerial 'wart', the more I think about it, that could just be Sat. radio though - have to check I think Wink

Post #449831st Mar 2006 12:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mossy

10forcash wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Thud
That's gotta be a windup... the sat receiver i'm thinking of is mounted in the phone aerial 'wart', the more I think about it, that could just be Sat. radio though - have to check I think Wink

Nope... it's no wind-up... Shocked

Murdoch on the move anyone?
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #449841st Mar 2006 12:40 pm
al cope

England 

I had a look at the four modules plus the TV receiver (even though I've got this in my DVD player), and it was pushing on toward £200 for all the bits, and you got a shed load of trim to remove to fit, so gave up, as you can buy diversity ariels for much less than this. It aint worth the shag and hassle.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #449931st Mar 2006 1:27 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Just checked - terrestrial TV only, the sat aerial is for Sirius in NAS and a sat. based TMC in Japan. It's not just the amplifiers and the tuner box, a MOST loom for the audio and video loom are also needed - a right faff to fit Rolling Eyes

Post #449961st Mar 2006 1:42 pm
Mossy

10forcash wrote:
Just checked - terrestrial TV only, the sat aerial is for Sirius in NAS and a sat. based TMC in Japan. It's not just the amplifiers and the tuner box, a MOST loom for the audio and video loom are also needed - a right faff to fit Rolling Eyes

Shame... quite like the idea of strapping a bin lid to the roof - NOT! 8) Wonder if they do it in chrome? Ooops sorry, wrong car! Wink
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #450151st Mar 2006 3:19 pm
grommet

United States 

I don't think the TV tuner option made it to production in most regions, even ones where watching TV while driving might be legal. 8) A "real" factory Rear Seat Entertainment system, also considered, never made it either. The RSE with 6-disc DVD changer did make it to Range Rover Sport, though.

Post #450271st Mar 2006 4:42 pm
Mossy

grommet wrote:
I don't think the TV tuner option made it to production in most regions, even ones where watching TV while driving might be legal. 8) A "real" factory Rear Seat Entertainment system, also considered, never made it either. The RSE with 6-disc DVD changer did make it to Range Rover Sport, though.

Pity really and an opportunity lost.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #450311st Mar 2006 4:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >