DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Squeaking/creaking noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Squeaking/creaking noise

I get a squeaking/creaking noise from the engine near the centre of the windscreen, it almost sounds like plastic creaking together, anyone else got this or any idea what it might be. It only happens when the road is not smooth. Mine is an entry level 7 seater but get this it arrived with an S on the rear door although I didn't order an S and haven't got the extra spec. My dealer didn't appear to have an answer why but I suspect he knew more than he was letting on - hmmph such is this trust we have in dealers.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #244417th Apr 2005 7:23 pm
Ecosse

Haven't heard that creaking noise! - however the loan Disco I got a while back was on the dealers books as a Base model & just had the base spec BUT also had a "S" badge!! - going to be really interesting when some of these models come up for sale 2nd hand!! Wink

Post #244517th Apr 2005 7:28 pm
BN

England 

Again, I think I can help you there. My dealer had a basic in stock but with an 'S' on the rear. He simply explained that it is not unusual and easier to leave, risking paint damage to correct. Has ocurred on Disco 2 apparently. Good point about resale, but I suppose if it is sold and documented as a basic, looks like a basic then anyone could stick another digit on. It simply comes down to quality control and PDI. Mine was delivered with all the door grommets lose making the car howl over 30MPH. It took me 2 days to find and only took me 10 minutes to correct, but if QC had been good, then it would have been found before I received it. Your creaking is probably a production line worker from Solihull still fitting the wiring harness that QC missed.

Post #244717th Apr 2005 7:55 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I've looked under the bonnet but can't find any production line worker lurking Exclamation Interestingly this is the second incident I've had with squeaking sounds, the first time it turned out to be a hose that had not been tightened properly, when I took it to the dealers they couldn't find the problem so I had to literally lift the bonnet and point out the hose - making it squeak for them, doesn't inspire confidence does it, still I think the vehicle itself is excellent.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #247218th Apr 2005 9:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >