Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Rain inside!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
thirdtimelucky

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3
Rain inside!!

I am the owner of a December 04 Discovery 3. I have had the headlight condensation, the screen wash failure, the DSC warning, the filler cap sticking and the park brake squeal. I now have the ROOF LEAK!!!

Help! The water is coming in the top of the A frame pillar passenger side and dribbling down by the bonnet catch to a pool on the door sill. I have had extra clips attached by LR who thought this would do the trick and they are going to try again next week. Incidentally, although this is an S it has a sunroof and alpine roof. Any suggestions about where it might be coming from and what can be done????

This is my third Disco and I had hoped I might keep dry in this new model!

Post #4338121st Feb 2006 8:50 am
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I may be wrong but I think there were reports of something like disconnected drainage tubes in that area, I am sure someone will elaborate.

Welcome to Disco3.co.uk

Post #4338221st Feb 2006 8:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Also the aircon tubes are known to leak into the footwell if not routed correctly.

Post #4338321st Feb 2006 8:56 am
thirdtimelucky

RAIN INSIDE

Thank you for such quick responses!! I will look into the drainage tube problem - I had feared this may be the case! I did wonder if it usually appeared in the centre of the car over the interior mirror (as it did in my last two when this happened!) if this was the problem. I suppose it just takes the easiest route and depends if you're parked at an angle or not. Or maybe the tubes are routed differently (or not at all!) on the Discovery3.

I don't think it is the aircon tubes - I've had this in previous Disco's!!!! The floor water is on the outside sill area, it appeared further into the footwell when it was aircon.

The water starts to spread from the roof of the car by the corner of the windsreen where the headlining stops and the pillar trim starts and gently flows down the inside past the bonnet catch until it forms a puddlle in the door pocket and sill trim! So dissapointing, the salesman assured me this would not happen on the new models.

Post #4341821st Feb 2006 2:19 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

There's a TSB relating to the sunroof drainage tube, it runs down to the air intake Shocked , apparently, the non return 'valve' isn't always opened up properly, i'll try & find the number

Post #4342821st Feb 2006 2:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

TSB Number LA501-014 issued October 2005
"Discovery 3 (LA) - Possible Causes of Water Ingress into the Cabin"
The TSB basically identifies possible causes depending upon the location of the water ingress, in addition to the sealed non return valve, there is the possibility of sound deadening pads fouling the drain hose, or kinks / twists in the hose itself.

Post #4342921st Feb 2006 2:52 pm
thirdtimelucky

Rain inside!

Thanks for TSB number, incredibly helpful ammunition - I presume I have to go onto LR own site to find this. I think I read in the past you can have a one day subsription to this -is that right? - just so that I can find this TSB.

Post #4343821st Feb 2006 3:42 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi TTL, have a look at http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1229 which should help Wink
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #4343921st Feb 2006 3:44 pm
Roverine

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Sounds like a sunroof drain clogged...

I had the same symptom. Was told a piece of foam clogged the drain. I experienced leaking with rain or after a wash. No problems with water intrusion after the dealer unclogged the drain. Good luck!

Post #4357622nd Feb 2006 5:37 am
thirdtimelucky

Thank you! Fingers crossed for Monday - looks like the sunroof drain is the most popular vote. Perhaps I should refer the technicians to this site for reference. I have even been sad enough to try running the hose over the corner of the vehicle (no leak) and then over the sunroof while the corner was covered over - eureka - leak!

Post #4361522nd Feb 2006 1:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >